Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   About to get an H3... which would you choose (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2197)

MarK M 12-23-2005 04:10 PM

Ok, in my area the hummer dealer has this special lease offer for a base H3 for 299/mo

before i jump into this... couple of questions for you current H3ers...

1. should i lease a base H3?

2. should i outright buy the H3 but instead of a base get a luxury? And what should I be asking if buying out right. I'm in the bay area. Other then appearance is there any advantages on getting the lux vs base.

3. should I finance and save my money?

Just seeing what your views are.

thanks,

MarK M 12-23-2005 04:10 PM

Ok, in my area the hummer dealer has this special lease offer for a base H3 for 299/mo

before i jump into this... couple of questions for you current H3ers...

1. should i lease a base H3?

2. should i outright buy the H3 but instead of a base get a luxury? And what should I be asking if buying out right. I'm in the bay area. Other then appearance is there any advantages on getting the lux vs base.

3. should I finance and save my money?

Just seeing what your views are.

thanks,

SteveRH 12-23-2005 04:31 PM

I got the base with the larger tires and chrome appearance package. I didn't really want leather in Texas. Plus, one thing I haven't seen anyone rave about that much is how bad ass the black on black cloth seats are... Great stitching - they look awesome and are very comfortable. You may want the adventure package if you want to go off roading. I'm not afraid to take mine off road, but I live in Dallas and that's some flat terrain...

MarK M 12-23-2005 05:00 PM

actually id prefer the base or lux because of the softer suspension. i hear the adventure package is stiff.

Anonymous 12-23-2005 05:05 PM

I got the Adventure Package because I do use it off-road, and frankly, I like the look a little better, personal preference. No leather for me, Arizona summers make leather a little unpleasant sometimes, and my Golden Retriever rides in the back seat sometimes (she loves the DVD players) and she'd tear the seats. If I lived somewhere colder, I'd consider the Luxury Package for the heated seats though.

MarK M 12-23-2005 05:07 PM

good input guys... so now... what about option of purchase?

should i lease base at 299/mo or purchase to whole damn car?!

SteveRH 12-23-2005 05:38 PM

I did Smart Buy on mine...
Seems that the majority on here have said that buying was the better option...

HummBebe 12-23-2005 05:41 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarK M:
good input guys... so now... what about option of purchase?

should i lease base at 299/mo or purchase to whole damn car?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have the cash....pay for it. Why would you spend money to lose money (interest rates + depreciation)?

Anonymous 12-23-2005 07:29 PM

I saved my pennies and paid cash for it. No, I'm not one of those rich guys, just good at saving money and working tons of overtime. I plan to keep this one for a while so purchasing was the best choice for me.

I've leased vehicles before if the terms are good. Had a Ford truck before that was $199/month for three years and then just walked away at the end. $299 seems pretty good depending on what you get for options and mileage. Check the terms real carefully.

nmikes 12-23-2005 07:46 PM

Leasing is only worth it if you are not going to risk getting dings on it and you are not concerned about mileage. Can be a difficult thing sometimes with a vehicle that begs to be off pavement. If you are going to keep for some time... ie drive it till the wheels fall off. Make sure you get what you want. Hummers are the one case where stock many times are better than after market. Like the trailer hitch or sunroof for examples. Save up for the higher downpayment... monthly payments aren't near as painful if you are driving what you want.

ETD 12-23-2005 07:53 PM

Went with the "Smart"Buy myself but admittedly, I'm no financial genius. Time will tell whether it was truly a "Smart" deal. One thing for sure, GM is not going to NOT make a profit off of me.

jkH1+H2=H3 12-23-2005 07:58 PM

Buy or Lease,
1. I put alot of mileage on my trucks so forget the lease.
2. Lux vs. Adventure pack. I test drove the lux, nice very nice. But it wasn't for me.
3. Luv the Adventure pack 33's, the rear lock, the suspension is not stiff, you actually feel more of the road.
If you want to off road go adv.
If you just need to drive to the office and back home, go lux.
My Opion, I wanted my hummer to do anything at any time. And by time I done paying it off, I promised it to my daughter for her 16th. So, I look at it as a investment. cheers!!

ETD 12-23-2005 08:00 PM

Check out: http://www.gmacfs.com/us/en/objects/...g_You_Need.pdf

MarK M 12-24-2005 03:52 AM

ok, I did it! Officially a Hummer H3 Owner!

I decided to lease at 299/mo but I think i'll pay it off in 6 months. I got other things I'm trying to work out but should have the funds in 6 months to pay if off.

Its the Superior Blue, Base Pkg, no sunroof, tinted, carpet mats. The sales guy is gonna try and score me a free tire cover for the spare... Crossing fingers. I also got the DVD Headrest for an additional 299. Not bad! Pictures will be up soon!

XM DUDE 12-24-2005 04:53 AM

I woulden't flease anything as it is just an expensive way to rent the H3, just save up cash and buy it out right, that is the best way.
I have yet to hear of any millionare who got rich using credit.

nmikes 12-24-2005 05:07 AM

Congrats... really hope you like it as much as we like ours.

HummBebe 12-24-2005 05:22 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarK M:
ok, I did it! Officially a Hummer H3 Owner!

I decided to lease at 299/mo but I think i'll pay it off in 6 months. I got other things I'm trying to work out but should have the funds in 6 months to pay if off.

Its the Superior Blue, Base Pkg, no sunroof, tinted, carpet mats. The sales guy is gonna try and score me a free tire cover for the spare... Crossing fingers. I also got the DVD Headrest for an additional 299. Not bad! Pictures will be up soon! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats.....pay it off as soon as you can.... oh and don't forget to post pics!

Anonymous 12-24-2005 06:26 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XM DUDE:
I woulden't flease anything as it is just an expensive way to rent the H3, just save up cash and buy it out right, that is the best way.
I have yet to hear of any millionare who got rich using credit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, lots of them get rich using credit. Then they declare bankruptcy and keep everything they bought. Worked great for Donald Trump.

MarK M 12-24-2005 06:41 PM

as promised...

SteveRH 12-24-2005 08:29 PM

SWEET!! Congrats man!!!