Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   In the News (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Consumer Report Rates SUVs (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22885)

wpage 12-08-2006 11:38 PM

Consumer Report Rates SUVs

1-07 CR Report on SUVs recommends "Sporty"Toyota Rav4 Nissan Murano Acura RDX Infinity FX35 & "Off Road" Nissan Xterra Kia Sorento Jeep Liberty
"not recomended" BMW X3 or Toyota FJ
Article goes on to give dismal MPG # on these dogs...
Most of these puppies run on premium fuel and all get less than 20 MPG to summarize MPG# the only one that runs on regular fuel is the Jeep Wrangler which gets overall15mpg not good!
The rest all run on Premium Fuel only and get...Overall MPG's
BMWx3=19
AcuraRDX=18
MazdaCX7=18
ToyotaFJ=17
CR is the same periodical that gives the H3 a hard time about its MPG #'s on Regular fuel. Go Figure!:lame:

BlueHUMMERH2 12-12-2006 06:02 AM

Re: Consumer Report Rates SUVs

CR sucks.

lennyrebel 12-12-2006 07:11 AM

Your right BlueHUMMER2, Consumer Report was bought by the Japs a helluva long time ago. I remember when CR gave an excellent rating to the Lada. I don't no where they came by their antiAmerican Bias but I say to hell with them and anybody stupid enough to buy it let alone believe what they read in it. It'll be a frosty day in hell when I ever look at their garbage let alone quote it. Regards The Rebel

wpage 12-12-2006 03:23 PM

Thats the point! They have given the H3 a bad report in earlier reviews. Then they come out and show the competition with poor MPG #'s running premium fuel. Yes CR sucks!:)

BlueHUMMERH2 12-12-2006 04:01 PM

Yeah, I believe they put the H3 at just about the lowest ranking possible.... I mean, come on. The H3 is definately not the worst SUV on the road by a long shot.

Alan06SUT 12-14-2006 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
Yeah, I believe they put the H3 at just about the lowest ranking possible.... I mean, come on. The H3 is definately not the worst SUV on the road by a long shot.

Who gives a flying fawk. I just wanted to add something constructive.:D :D :D

wpage 12-22-2006 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan06SUT
Who gives a flying fawk. I just wanted to add something constructive.:D :D :D

Thankyou for sharing!:dancingbanana:

BlueHUMMERH2 12-29-2006 02:47 AM

Well, I picked up the latest CR (which is a good joke) and they put the Jeep DEAD last, with a score in the TEENS. Wow. The FJ got a 36 and the H3 was around 26 I think. Bottom 3.

wpage 12-30-2006 12:31 AM

Blue,
Your assessment on CR is true. If they could get rid of that anti american element. CR would not be such a rag...

hummer74 01-27-2007 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
Well, I picked up the latest CR (which is a good joke) and they put the Jeep DEAD last, with a score in the TEENS. Wow. The FJ got a 36 and the H3 was around 26 I think. Bottom 3.

LOL, they ranked the three best off roaders last? shows how much CR knows:D