Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   got my check engine light this morning in traffic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25476)

wannabeH3 03-14-2007 11:41 PM

got my check engine light this morning in traffic

took it to the dealer needs a new head. :P

Viet Nam Vette 03-14-2007 11:46 PM

Re: got my check engine light this morning in traffic

So your Rig is an 06....and how many miles on the clock..??

Steve - SanJose 03-14-2007 11:47 PM

How many miles on your H3?

wannabeH3 03-14-2007 11:57 PM

Demo 03-15-2007 12:16 AM

good luck dude, sorry to hear it.

Desert Dan 03-15-2007 12:40 AM

I feel your pain dude.

Mine goes into the shop monday am for the head replacement.
Get on the phone with GM and get a file started now.

Request extended coverage on the engine.

GPan099 03-15-2007 01:14 AM

Sorry to welcome you to the club.

Got mine back from the shop today, ten days after dropping it off.

Seems to be running OK, a little rough if you ask me. I guess I'll see if it smooths out.

Hummer extended the engine coverage to 7 years/100,000 miles after opening a case.

westhillsat 03-15-2007 01:20 AM

Sorry to hear about that, Damn!

fw888 03-15-2007 02:00 AM

just wonder if you bin number below that cut off number ?

Demo 03-15-2007 03:13 AM

question? can you still drive it with the problem if so how long and what are the consequences. For example, mine goes a coulpe of days before or during my trip to Moab. That is just my luck.

marin8703 03-15-2007 03:45 AM

7 year / 100,000 miles warranty, isnt that kinda bad? I mean the milage is great but the time is short, it will definately run out of time before it does for miles for most people, well at least for me. I hope i can get something different if it happens to me.

Anyways heres a question. Is there anyone that has had a problem with the head that has a vin number over them one posted as the cutoff number?

Thanks for replies, and good luck wannabeH3 and everyone else with the isssue.

Scouts Out 03-15-2007 03:47 AM

SO it just the week or is it the milage. It seems like three this week. I went to start mine today, it started, stuttered, stalled, did not want to start.

Lex_Ordo 03-15-2007 12:46 PM

I'm seeing more posts about head problems.
When are the build dates of these vehicles? And is there a fix that was put into effect after a certain VIN #, that would exclude these later VINs from the Head issues?

cmeinck 03-15-2007 02:54 PM

The reasons for trading in my 06' for an H2 just keep mounting.

usetosellhummer 03-15-2007 04:49 PM

I told you man, them telling you you can drive with that problum is bull.
If you get the light...
1. contact onstar
2. get conected to raodside assistance
3. get truck towed and you get a free rental

wannabeH3 03-15-2007 05:04 PM

well i have never had any starting issues or whatnot, it seems to have all of its power, altho i did notice that sitting at lights idling the motor will have just an almost unnoticable rough spot every 20 seconds or so. basically they said one of my cylinders is leaking, so it needs a new head, and to go ahead and drive it and they will give me a rental car when i bring it in for service.

Now as to opening a case, what do you mean by that? i called hummer yesterday and was talking to the guy and said "so i gotta get a new head and im worried this will happen in the future, where do we go from here" and he said i got the 4yr 50k warranty and if it happens again they will put a parts note on that part i guess and extend the warranty on that part. how do i get the extra coverage you guys are talking about? pm me if its best kept off the forum.

RubHer Yellow Ducky 03-15-2007 05:16 PM

[quote=wannabeH3]well i have never had any starting issues or whatnot, it seems to have all of its power, altho i did notice that sitting at lights idling the motor will have just an almost unnoticable rough spot every 20 seconds or so. basically they said one of my cylinders is leaking, so it needs a new head, and to go ahead and drive it and they will give me a rental car when i bring it in for service.

Now as to opening a case, what do you mean by that? i called hummer yesterday and was talking to the guy and said "so i gotta get a new head and im worried this will happen in the future, where do we go from here" and he said i got the 4yr 50k warranty and if it happens again they will put a parts note on that part i guess and extend the warranty on that part. how do i get the extra coverage you guys are talking about? pm me if its best kept off the forum.

PLEASE NO, TELL US ALL GIVING SPECIFIC ANSWERS AND EXAMPLES.

fourfourto 03-15-2007 05:36 PM

You must call hummer consumers relations, 1 866 4866376 they will need vin # dealers name and delivery date and mileage.that will start the case file .Within a day or two a manager will call you about the case.I did it with the brake grown and it was closed after the reginal rep said it was normal:twak: .
With the head issue they will extend warranty(at least thats what I read here)
Good luck

D-Lux 03-15-2007 07:17 PM

I got the Engine Light Warning this morning, idling rough, turned it off, let it sit, tried again, same thing. Called OnStar, they didn?t tell me anything, accept take it in to the dealer NOW. I was still able to drive it, but the computer limits your power, so I could only do a slow crawl down the feeder roads, until I got to the dealer, luckily for me it?s only 5 miles away. They haven?t called me yet, to tell me what?s wrong. When they do I?ll try and keep you informed on my outcome. :(

Hmmm2 03-15-2007 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourfourto
With the head issue they will extend warranty(at least thats what I read here)
Good luck

I had the cylinder head replaced not too long after I bought my H3, but they wouldn't give me anything as a warranty extension. They said, "It's fixed and you won't encounter the problem again." The Service Mgr said they had several H3's in for the problem, so they were aware of what needed to be done. Thankfully I haven't had the problem come back (at least not THAT one ..lol). That was about 1.3 years ago.