Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New Hummer came home tonight (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26409)

HumbleAg 04-23-2007 05:43 PM

New Hummer came home tonight

Hello all.

Well, Superior Blue is out, Imperial (Midnight?) Blue is in.

Traded the '06 with 39k miles for a shiny new '07 with 472 miles.

Almost went for non-Adventure, but kept looking and found an Adventure package. A bit of bling (chrome wheels, mirrors, handles, side steps), but it doesn't look too bad.

Too dark outside for pictures, will post some later.

NEOCON1 04-24-2007 04:29 AM

Re: New Hummer came home tonight

congrats on the new one :beerchug:

ChiHummer3 04-24-2007 01:25 PM

Any specific reason for getting rid of your '06, or was it just time for something new?

Congrats on the new rig!:beerchug:

Post some pics!!!

K9sH3 04-24-2007 01:48 PM

Nice, show us the pics when you have the chance.

Enjoy it...

TANDREW 04-24-2007 01:54 PM

How much did you get for trade in on your 06?

frenzy1 04-24-2007 02:44 PM

cONGRATS !!! pics !!!

HumbleAg 04-24-2007 03:58 PM

Thanks all for the congrats. No pics yet, but they'll come soon.

To answer questions:

ChiHummer3: original H3 was a smart buy deal for two years (I did that because I had to pay MSRP (35k) and I was a bit worried about resale value). Looking back, I wish I'd purchased outright because I like the Superior Blue, but it didn't make sense to buy it now with the incentives on new ones. New one is financed 3 years at 0%, it'll be all mine.

TANDREW: "real" trade-in value came out to $23k. They showed more ($24k) on the buyer's order, but didn't show discounting their truck as much as they actually did. Got the same offer on a non-adventure truck on Saturday ($23k trade in) from another dealer. Smart-buy payoff was over $25k, but with the tax savings it came out pretty good.

My "old" truck was basically perfect, the used car manager asked how I put 39k miles on it without ever driving it. I suppose that won't get too much appreciation here (I know how you guys like damage), but I'm a bit picky about my vehicles.

I think I forgot to mention the new one has the sunroof, wow what a great feature!

Steve - SanJose 04-24-2007 05:39 PM

Congrats on new rig. Let us know about your view on how the 3.7L vs. 3.5L compares.

usetosellhummer 04-24-2007 05:43 PM

Hay that is what I bought the ADV with a roof. I gus I won the lotto, got 25,500 for my 06 with 15k on it. Base model.
Congrads