Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Onstar? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26961)

Spuds 05-14-2007 06:35 PM

Onstar?

Just curious if anyone has kept their subscription after the free period?

Not something that I would think Hummer owners really feel like something worth having on their vehicle.:confused:

NEOCON1 05-14-2007 06:40 PM

Re: Onstar?

i kept mine , the phone comes in real handy when your " off the grid " :giggling:

atleast thats where the onstar girl told CrisB we were :jump: :jump:

Agriv8r 05-14-2007 06:50 PM

flat tire, phone dead......keys in car, 45 minutes for locksmith.....hit tree, need help....there are a few beneifts...

dеiтайожни 05-14-2007 06:59 PM

I wouldn't go without it. Small price to pay for all the benefits and peace of mind.

n5bxp 05-14-2007 07:08 PM

Also stolen vehicle tracking via GPS is included. I am a Paramedic and have been dispatched to car wrecks by Onstar calling 911 due to air bag deployment. They gave the location of the vehicle. I am keeping mine active.

fourfourto 05-14-2007 07:10 PM

I renewed mine ,phone comes in handy and if needed they tow you to the nearest hummer dealer,not just a local tow.
Also you get a discount for the Gps tracking if stolen.
Lots a reasons to keep it.

evldave 05-14-2007 07:16 PM

I ditched mine. Tracking if stolen would be nice, same as calling in an accident, but just couldn't justify the $$. I figure, if the truck gets stolen, I call Onstar and re-activate my account and have them track the truck (I keep my onstar card in my wallet). I've never locked my keys in my car, so that's not an issue. If I give the H3 to my fiance and buy a Wranger, I'll get her onstar for piece of mind for her, but really I guess I never thought it was really worth the $$

Mr Snappy 05-14-2007 07:24 PM

I don't have an H3 (yet),
I was curious how much they charge after the first "free" year?

Steve - SanJose 05-14-2007 07:28 PM

No.

dеiтайожни 05-14-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Snappy
I don't have an H3 (yet),
I was curious how much they charge after the first "free" year?

It's $199/year, but if you just get a new Hummer every year, it's free forever.

marin8703 05-14-2007 07:57 PM

I kept mine, came in handy a couple of times, and the peace of mind is worth it. I think i got it for less than $199 dont quite remember.

usetosellhummer 05-14-2007 08:10 PM

I plan to. When i poped the button off grid she was nice enough to give me Lat. and Long. very cool.:beerchug:

DennisAJC 05-14-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
It's $199/year, but if you just get a new Hummer every year, it's free forever.

:jump:

ONSTAR is a great option. Worth every penny.

evldave 05-14-2007 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marin8703
I kept mine, came in handy a couple of times, and the peace of mind is worth it. I think i got it for less than $199 dont quite remember.

After they called me 3 or 4 times when my subscription ran out, they gave me an offer for $149, then something like $250 for 2 years. Still not worth it though (imho)...

f5fstop 05-14-2007 11:46 PM

Being a GM employee, I get an employee discount, and I still dropped mine. They could not supply me with the monthly update on time, and even though I did not need it since I have a tech 2 to check oil percentage, codes, etc., I still wanted it. They gave more excuses than Bill did about having sex with that woman, so one day, I gave them an ultimatum, and they failed, and I cancelled.
Besides, in another year, their phone service will be no better than any Verizon, since analog goes away, and all they will have is verizon digital, or other digital roaming capabilities.
As for GPS off the grid, I have the built in Pioneer Nav, and when off-roading in strange places, I also carry a Garmin 60csx for hiking and TOPO maps.

As for activating after the vehicle is stolen...I understand that can't be done, since they only activate from the vehicle, and I doubt the thief will activate it for you.:jump:

Ken06H3 05-15-2007 12:12 AM

Renewal $161 and 100 minutes $16.75 (existing minutes were rolled over).

Came in handy once when check engine lite came on - I hadn't tighten the gas cap enough.

Have a place in central Idaho and kinda reasurring while traveling the 1600 miles.

evldave 05-15-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f5fstop
As for activating after the vehicle is stolen...I understand that can't be done, since they only activate from the vehicle, and I doubt the thief will activate it for you.:jump:

Bummer. Still not worth $150 (but getting closer)

Steve - SanJose 05-15-2007 06:08 PM

22 months in my H3 without it, and I haven't missed it.

fourfourto 05-15-2007 06:13 PM

I droped my insurance roadside pick up $40.00 savings.:clapping:
I also got about $50.00 off for the tracking if it gets stolen.:clapping:

If Im in a ditch on a out of the way road with my head in a airbag (knocked out) Its nice to know onstar will call me and wake my a$$ up and/or send help.:clapping: :clapping:

I didnt get no discount but I will see if I can get it in august when I renue it again.

RubHer Yellow Ducky 05-15-2007 07:29 PM

for $156.40 a year (discounted) its well worth it...

tow, gas, onstar, accident notification, peace of mind its a :perfect10s: