Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Ordered my wheels and tires today (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27861)

YANKEES31 06-22-2007 04:21 AM

Ordered my wheels and tires today

I finally decided on the wheels and tires. I went with Moto Metal 951's(18x9 +30 offset Chrome) with Toyo MT's(33x12.5). I been looking online and asking question after question here and wound up getting them locally. I think I got a pretty good deal-$2300 tax included with mounting, balancing, taking the sensors from the stock ones, and remounting the stock ones. They are going to be installed next Thursday

I also got in the mail today the Real Wheels lower grill overlay, billet tow hooks, real wheels antenna cover, and the factory chrome hood grill.

So far so good, I have a few more things coming, and really like the truck. Its about 10 days old and I have over 1200 miles on it already.

Agriv8r 06-22-2007 02:12 PM

Re: Ordered my wheels and tires today

good choice on the wheels, they look great...

NEOCON1 06-22-2007 07:45 PM

good choice on tires :perfect10s: toyos are great

Steve - SanJose 06-23-2007 12:20 AM

Yankee31 - I replied to your PM today regarding Motometal wheels.

Neo-dude - How's the Toyo MT on the pavement (noise, ride, handling, wear)? I saw them on a H3 at the dealer service shop, looked great.

YANKEES31 06-23-2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose

Neo-dude - How's the Toyo MT on the pavement (noise, ride, handling, wear)? I saw them on a H3 at the dealer service shop, looked great.

I will let you know next week when they come in and are on:)

Sewie 06-23-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

How's the Toyo MT on the pavement (noise, ride, handling, wear)?

Excellent. Pretty quiet for an MT, they wear great, easy to balance. I've got almost 20K miles on mine and they're in great shape still.

NEOCON1 06-23-2007 01:17 AM

Quote:

just like shortbus said you wont even know you have them :jump: . they are super quiet for a MT and they last about 50k miles . a little more money than the others but i think the performance and tread life make them a good deal .

you gonna get some new shoes ?????????? ;)

Steve - SanJose 06-23-2007 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOCON1
just like shortbus said you wont even know you have them :jump: . they are super quiet for a MT and they last about 50k miles . a little more money than the others but i think the performance and tread life make them a good deal .

you gonna get some new shoes ?????????? ;)

New shoes not in the near future, Nitto TG's are only 5 months old.:)

NEOCON1 06-23-2007 01:24 AM

Quote:

New shoes not in the near future, Nitto TG's are only 5 months old.:)

yea i thoughrt you had just upgraded :beerchug: how do you like those ?

Steve - SanJose 06-23-2007 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOCON1
yea i thoughrt you had just upgraded :beerchug: how do you like those ?

Nitto TG's are working fine for light offroading and heavy street use. Haven't had them in snow yet. But I saw them side by side at dealer shop with the Toyo, and the Toyo looks pretty gnarly.