Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I must be in the right place at the wrong time for vandalism (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28550)

sbmike 07-22-2007 11:19 PM

I must be in the right place at the wrong time for vandalism

1 Attachment(s)
Well, not vandalism, but theft (referring to the other H2 owner in the DC area). I woke up this morning and found my H2 on blocks. Scum Bags. I have a spare set of tires and rims but I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me if I need to do anything besides clean off the rotors before installing the replacement tires. Seems that warped rotors could be a distinct possibility. Also, could the air suspension have been damaged when these "pillars of society" jacked the truck up? Any precautions or special procedures I should take when putting the replacement tires on? Thanks for any help you can provide. Next stop is wheel locks (which the police told me will take them about 10 more minutes to take off) and a motion light on the driveway. Always too late!

dеiтайожни 07-22-2007 11:23 PM

Re: I must be in the right place at the wrong time for vandalism

I don't know... but I say leave it like that. It looks pretty cute with no wheels. At least they left the lug nuts, nothing worse then having to buy those again.

Drainbamaged 07-22-2007 11:41 PM

i am pretty sure the rotors were not damaged and the suspension should be fine also. The thing you have to look at is the splash shield behind the rotor and make sure it is not making contact with the rotor. Next time you get wheels get some wheel locks and look into a alarm system that has an automatic level sensor. When they jack up your vehicle +/- 1 degree the alarm will sound.

NJ H2 07-23-2007 12:15 AM

What a bunch of Mutha F'n BASTIDS!! :rant: :rant: :rant:
Install a night vision camera that points at your H2 and next time they rip you off you can run a good loop of film of them on youtube.com :popcorn:

Bummer :mad:

TKB 07-23-2007 03:45 AM

find them and KILL them!!!

DRTYFN 07-23-2007 04:49 AM

What kind of rims were they?

sbmike 07-23-2007 05:25 AM

They were stock rims and tires. Go figure. Luckily, I bought a spare set of rims and tires from KenP last year so I won't be stuck long.

jmsspratlin 07-23-2007 09:51 AM

Why even take the time to put the blocks under it? Sorry to hear your misfortune. Hope they catch the SOB's that did it.

OrangeCrush 07-23-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmsspratlin
Why even take the time to put the blocks under it?

I was thinking the same thing... it's almost like they cared. Around here, they would have ripped the wheels off and left that fukker on the rotors.

Of course the H2 sits higher so maybe they needed it.

pteam 07-24-2007 03:24 AM

Quote:

Why even take the time to put the blocks under it? Sorry to hear your misfortune. Hope they catch the SOB's that did it.

They probably put the blocks up so you wont hear it crash down and alert people that somebody is there.

Sorry to hear what happened. I'm in if you need help once we catch them ;)

Gooey Gaybob 07-24-2007 04:13 AM

Quote:

Usually they put blocks under the suspension and let the air out of the tires. :violin:

3Hummer 07-24-2007 04:29 AM

that is defintly 100% offroad capabale..... on train tracks that is!!! sorry to hear about that, were they special rims or anything i dont recall seeing a pic of your h2 in the past

jmsspratlin 07-24-2007 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooey Gaybob
Usually they put blocks under the suspension and let the air out of the tires. :violin:

Oh, ok.:beerchug:

sbmike 07-25-2007 08:40 PM

Final Note

Replacement tires and wheels are on the truck and I'm back on the road. Since they left the lug nuts and the caps, I'm guessing they just wanted the tires but what other vehicles use that size? Too big for Jeeps aren't they? I went ahead and installed lock nuts this time, even though the police said it would probably only take 10 more minutes to remove the wheels. And I also installed a motion detector spotlight over the driveway. I'd hate it big time if these lower life species came back to get the new tires and rims!

Thanks for the support in any event.

BKLYNH2 07-25-2007 09:04 PM

Wow that sux. If I say more I will probably jinx myself.

KenP 07-25-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

So they could get the jack out.

They didn't lower the air because the blocks are under the brakes, not suspension or frame. They couldn't get the blocks where they are unless the tires were already off.

Sux Mike. Glad you had the spares.

KenP 07-25-2007 09:26 PM

Re: Final Note

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbmike
Replacement tires and wheels are on the truck and I'm back on the road. Since they left the lug nuts and the caps, I'm guessing they just wanted the tires but what other vehicles use that size? Too big for Jeeps aren't they?

I've seen them on modified Jeeps and 2500 series GM's.

Alan06SUT 07-25-2007 10:38 PM

A lot of off roaders who convert their axles to 1 Ton gm stuff like the h2 rims b/c they are 8 lug,aluminum, and OEM quality.

I'm curious, were they the chrome or std. color? The off roaders like the std. so they can paint or powder coat them.

Goalkeeper 07-26-2007 03:35 AM

Mike,

I'm also in MD, where did this happen?

-Matt

H2bill 07-26-2007 07:32 AM

Since the wheel locks are supposedly so easy to get off, and since there is some serious money tied up in wheels these days, does anyone know of a better lock for wheels? Surely someone has come up with something.