Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Transfer Case Question (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28834)

redbird 08-03-2007 02:46 AM

Transfer Case Question

Maybe a dumb question
If I jack up both rear wheels, and leave transfer case in 4 wheel high(not locked) Will the front axle pull vehicle or will rear tires simply spin?

tomp 08-03-2007 03:23 AM

Re: Transfer Case Question

Front will pull

redbird 08-03-2007 01:57 PM

Both rear tires spin but vehicle will not move unless I lock the transfer case
so I guess there is a problem inside transfer case? Thanks

NEOCON1 08-03-2007 02:22 PM

in 4 hi unlocked you should be getting 60% power to the rear and 40% to the front . t-case might be fine try getting all four wheels off the ground or find some sand and try getting half stuck and see if front tires will spin too . also try 4 hi-locked , that splits the power 50-50 front and rear , might be that your getting power to the rear before the front because more power is delivered to the rear axle in hi-unlock . good luck

tomp 08-03-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOCON1
in 4 hi unlocked you should be getting 60% power to the rear and 40% to the front . t-case might be fine try getting all four wheels off the ground or find some sand and try getting half stuck and see if front tires will spin too . also try 4 hi-locked , that splits the power 50-50 front and rear , might be that your getting power to the rear before the front because more power is delivered to the rear axle in hi-unlock . good luck

I have done this in the 2 and it pulls. I would think the 3 would do the same thing even 4-Hi unlocked

usetosellhummer 08-03-2007 07:42 PM

I don't understand why?

marin8703 08-03-2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbird
Both rear tires spin but vehicle will not move unless I lock the transfer case
so I guess there is a problem inside transfer case? Thanks

maybe your doing something wrong. btw why and how are you testing this out?

redbird 08-03-2007 10:19 PM

Vehicle locked up at highway speed, slid front tires down to about 15 mph
at that point tires unlocked. It was probably brakes applied via the Stabiltrak
however I am trying to check everything.

One more thing. If I block front tires against something solid and force the rear to spin, I hear a clicking noise from lower part of dash around the steering column and the traction light flashes. The same sound occured when I had the brakes lockup and slide. Any help is appreciated

Sewie 08-04-2007 01:01 AM

Sounds like the TCS/Stabilitrak issues others have been having. Caused by bad sensor(s). Get it in to the dealer.

marin8703 08-04-2007 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewie
Sounds like the TCS/Stabilitrak issues others have been having. Caused by bad sensor(s). Get it in to the dealer.

:iagree:, sounds like it. but just the front tires locked up, thats weird. good luck