Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   GM and Corvette pwn3d (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29855)

KenP 09-19-2007 02:53 AM

GM and Corvette pwn3d

While GM was farting around with the new 'vette engine and all it's horsepower, something sinister was afoot.

Dodge was quietly prepping a new Viper engine.

600hp for '08!!!

LMAO!!!!:jump:

DRTYFN 09-19-2007 03:07 AM

Re: GM and Corvette pwn3d

1 Attachment(s)
650hp & 3000lbs > than that crap

Corvette SS

bparker 09-19-2007 03:21 AM

Who wants to drive a giant clown shoe? :giggling:

DRTYFN 09-19-2007 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bparker
Who wants to drive a giant clown shoe? :giggling:

:jump: And it sounds like an out of tune V6 in a paper bag.:jump: :OWNED:

Marcmedic 09-19-2007 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTYFN

Corvette SS

:iagree:

KenP 09-19-2007 04:14 AM

Quote:

Corvette SS

Oh yeah. I forgot about the Special Edition versions of the 'vette.:lame:

The Viper I'm referring to isn't a special edition. Nope. Just a typical, everyday Viper anyone can pick up.

LMAO!!!:giggling:

BTW, the link you provided states the limited edition vette has 600hp, not 650.

ROTFLMAO!!!:dancingbanana:

How many of those Special Edition 'vettes are going to be made anyway?

OMFG!!!!:OWNED: :giggling:

DRTYFN 09-19-2007 04:44 AM

Sorry, but the latest info says 650+. BTW, you're not getting one anyway, slappy. But Dodge does make some nice minivans that will accommodate that new baby seat.:jump: :fdance:

bparker 09-19-2007 05:09 AM

:giggling:

Quote:

But Dodge does make some nice minivans that will accommodate that new baby seat.:jump: :fdance:

KenP 09-19-2007 06:45 AM

Quote:

But Dodge does make some nice minivans that will accommodate that new baby seat.:jump: :fdance:

OMG!!! That hurts...:crying:

However, you didn't mention how many of those Special Edition 'vettes are being made versus the regular, everyday Viper.

Can you help us out here?:p

bparker 09-19-2007 06:56 AM

as a former Z06 owner I am really biting my tonge here...

it all looks good on paper till you try to race onem then you would understand

want me to post pics of me helping a bud put in a new viper motor? if you do, wait which one would you like pics of? we only had to put 3 in his viper in 1 yr of racing it....

My Z06 didnt have 1 problem with a huge cam, ported heads, port matched intake, polished throttle body and a 150 shot of giggle gas. It ran like a champ and I lost very little, where as viper guys had a hard time keeping up once the mods hit the motors.

I will post a vid of my gf driving one of my vettes at the drag strip vs a viper and beat him 3 out of 3 times and that particular vette was not even a Z06 and was a automatic :giggling:

It all looks good on paper...... just dont buy one and be the clown driving the shoe round town.... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenP

However, you didn't mention how many of those Special Edition 'vettes are being made versus the regular, everyday Viper.

DRTYFN 09-19-2007 07:45 AM

Quote:

Well, since the Vette engine is hand-built and the Viper has a truck engine off the assembly line maybe you can see why.:giggling:
Which color minivan will you be driving this time next year?:jump:

DRTYFN 09-19-2007 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bparker
as a former Z06 owner I am really biting my tonge here...

it all looks good on paper till you try to race onem then you would understand

want me to post pics of me helping a bud put in a new viper motor? if you do, wait which one would you like pics of? we only had to put 3 in his viper in 1 yr of racing it....

My Z06 didnt have 1 problem with a huge cam, ported heads, port matched intake, polished throttle body and a 150 shot of giggle gas. It ran like a champ and I lost very little, where as viper guys had a hard time keeping up once the mods hit the motors.

I will post a vid of my gf driving one of my vettes at the drag strip vs a viper and beat him 3 out of 3 times and that particular vette was not even a Z06 and was a automatic :giggling:

It all looks good on paper...... just dont buy one and be the clown driving the shoe round town.... :D

You must Youtube them for everyone. :excited:

KenP 09-19-2007 02:51 PM

LMAO!!!

A wittle sensitive about this, huh guys?:giggling:

Stock, everyday, not-so-special, un-modified clown shoe stomps "super 'vette".:dancingbanana:

ROTFLMAO!!!

KenP 09-19-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Well, since the Vette engine is hand-built and the Viper has a truck engine off the assembly line maybe you can see why.:giggling:
Which color minivan will you be driving this time next year?:jump:

They have to hand build the engine just to keep up with an assembly line truck engine?

OMFG!!!

LMAO!!!:giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

Marcmedic 09-19-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

LMAO!!!

A wittle sensitive about this, huh guys?:giggling:

Stock, everyday, not-so-special, un-modified clown shoe stomps "super 'vette".:dancingbanana:

ROTFLMAO!!!

Can you find me one instance in the past several years where the Viper has actually beat a Z06 on the track??? Not some straight line drag racing crap either. Save yourself the time...It's never happened. The Viper will never be able to out-handle a Vette....If I remember correctly....Motor Trend did an on the track comparison a month or so ago involving the Z06, Viper, and a base Corvette (among others). Even the base Corvette turned faster lap times than the Viper...at less than 1/2 the price.

Viper---:OWNED: by the base Corvette.

By the way DODGE SUCKS!!

timgco 09-19-2007 04:44 PM

:giggling: Hey Minivans can be fast too.

http://www.noolmusic.com/blogs/Cars_...rag_Race.shtml

I'm not a viper fan either. sorry Ken. :o

bparker 09-19-2007 05:21 PM

x2 :clapping:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcmedic
DODGE SUCKS!!

bparker 09-19-2007 06:13 PM

Here is one of the vids of my ex gf driving my C5 Automatic (her first race) vs a Viper with a few bolton mods :giggling:

http://65.249.211.237/christievsviper.mpg :excited:

I am still looking through my archives for the pics installing new engines in a buds viper..... :giggling:

KenP 09-19-2007 06:15 PM

Haha!!!

You guys got your thongs in knots!!!:giggling:

I'm sure the 'vette turned faster lap times, it's well known that the Viper is twitchy, but nothing a little suspension tuning can't take care of. Besides, the new Viper pulls better than a G in stock trim. But it's got those special Made For Viper Only tires on it for 08 that are designed more for acceleration, then for turning.

Now back to the 'vette, HOW MANY OF THOSE SPECIAL EDITION VERSIONS ARE THEY MAKING? You know, the one's with the special hand built engine so it can compete with an off-the-shelf truck engine?:giggling:

Agriv8r 09-19-2007 06:20 PM

cool vid....:perfect10s: