Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2008 H2 Safari Edition Las Vegas Show (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30640)

marius 10-31-2007 08:06 PM

2008 H2 Safari Edition Las Vegas Show

Have you guys seen the new 08 H2 safari and the new H3R for the upcoming Vegas show ?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/early-lo...afari-h3r.html

Marius
03 H2 Pewter
Soon to get the 6.6L Turbodiesel LBZ

porschett 10-31-2007 09:30 PM

Re: 2008 H2 Safari Edition Las Vegas Show

Can't say as I'm wild about it, but think they have a good idea for the cover of the spare.

ROX 10-31-2007 09:51 PM

Isn't that tims old truck?

I wonder what they mean by beefed up suspension? A little info on that would be good.

DennisAJC 10-31-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2 Rocks

I wonder what they mean by beefed up suspension? A little info on that would be good.

OMG X2!!!!

Quote:

a heavy-duty suspension with a two inch lift

Alan06SUT 10-31-2007 10:59 PM

Cognito kit??

frenzy1 11-01-2007 11:30 AM

I like that safari edition !

Aich Tew 11-01-2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

The custom H2 is painted in a matte olive finish ? which is designed to help the SUV blend in with nature

Sure, just like an army tank blends with nature............:drama:

Quote:

Other highlights of the Hummer H2 Safari include 20-inch wheels, a heavy-duty suspension

Bling-bling wheels, that's a nice addition. Oh well, you can probably make a tidy profit on EBay selling them so you can buy some Champions.

Heavy duty suspension? I better check my invoice for misprints 'cuz I thought I already had that. :mad:

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon 11-01-2007 02:04 PM

Can't say that I've seen it yet. Then again, I haven't made it to the GM booth.

Hummer Aficionado_VT 11-01-2007 02:28 PM

I think its pretty cool. Like the lift, and LOVE the interior!!

CONRAD II 11-01-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hummer Aficionado_VT
I think its pretty cool. Like the lift, and LOVE the interior!!

I like the inside, but the interior reminds me of that fake Louis Vuitton junk you see on a show like pimp my ride.

dkhummerh2 11-01-2007 09:46 PM

pretty cool

H2bill 11-07-2007 09:28 AM

I'd take the wheels right now. I'm still not liking the new interior. Those big 'ol AC vents from old made it a HUMMER!

blksunblkmoon 11-07-2007 11:24 PM

I am really interested in hearing more about the 2 inch lift.

Who couldnt use a couple inches? :D

IRA51 11-08-2007 12:43 AM

I was at Sema and saw it, and was underwelmed,in fact the whole GM booth was a let down. seams the reitroduction of the retro 427 big block crate motors was what they were pushing . The paint on BIG RED was the best thing in the booth,but don't ever count on getting a finish like that on a production truck from the General in this life time. I lost my damn cell phone there and a'm still pissed off,you would think someone would have returned it .it was loaded with all my contact #s ,guess someone needed a 1 gig micro and a battery and case . now the girls over at the Bassani booth were hot as hell ,too bad thier tec guy didn't know **** about the system for the H2. :twak:

Badace 11-08-2007 04:33 AM

Open Top is cool. Would be awesome on an SUT. Road noise is probably insane. Especially lifted with 40's. I wonder what sticker is on that bad boy? That vette engine would fit in nicely. The headlights look eerie.

jmsspratlin 11-08-2007 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2bill
I'm still not liking the new interior. Those big 'ol AC vents from old made it a HUMMER!

I totally agree! The new vents and dash look too much like a FORD to me. Even the little clock seems to remind me of another vehicle...the PT Cruiser. Hummer had a good thing with the old dash....why mess with perfection (perfection of course aside from all the damn squeaking of cold plastic in the mornings):D ;)

Badace 11-08-2007 06:14 AM

Man there sure is a lot of Venom on the other websites regarding the H2. I do not know of a sweeter ride. But man it seems you either love it or despise it. What is funny, is every one equates the death of humanity with the H2. My z71 gets 11 miles to the gallon. A LR Disco, and older 4x4's get 10-13 ,iles to the gallon. But you buy a real American Rig like this and you are labeled as having a small penis. Bunch of bleeding heart Pussies. I am so sick of the libs we have in this country. We have forsake what this country was founded on. Did you know, Hillary Clinton is proposing Legal Drivers Licenses for Illegal Aliens? What is this ****? What is going on here? I thought crap ran down hill but Mexico's crap is running up Hill.

THat would make a Good bumper sticker.

Mexico, We make our Crap run uphill!

It\'s a Dry Heat 11-08-2007 06:43 AM

I want to know if the wheels are fake beed locker or the real thing? If there fake that goes along with the rest of the **** their trying to push on us. Love my 2004 with all the off road stuff. The only good thing thats come out is the 6 speed trans. GM has to do better then what there doing to get me in a new truck. I like this one (Lynch - 2004 H1 with 12k). A Great year! :raar:

Vern

Badace 11-08-2007 06:55 AM

Real Beadlocks are not practical for 90% of their buyers so I am betting they are fake. Beadlocks take a lot of maintainance (or something). The rings have to come off to be cleaned or they will rust and weaken. They are for serious offroaders and not for looks. SO If I was selling it, I know people that want beadlocks will go out and customize their rig anyway. Other people just want the beadlock look.

jmsspratlin 11-08-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badace
Man there sure is a lot of Venom on the other websites regarding the H2. I do not know of a sweeter ride. But man it seems you either love it or despise it. What is funny, is every one equates the death of humanity with the H2. My z71 gets 11 miles to the gallon. A LR Disco, and older 4x4's get 10-13 ,iles to the gallon. But you buy a real American Rig like this and you are labeled as having a small penis. Bunch of bleeding heart Pussies. I am so sick of the libs we have in this country. We have forsake what this country was founded on. Did you know, Hillary Clinton is proposing Legal Drivers Licenses for Illegal Aliens? What is this ****? What is going on here? I thought crap ran down hill but Mexico's crap is running up Hill.

THat would make a Good bumper sticker.

Mexico, We make our Crap run uphill!

Very well Put!!!!!