Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2009 H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33536)

DRTYFN 04-02-2008 08:13 AM

2009 H2

Got some info today -
Blue-tooth :)
2 new colors :)
No diesel :(

And contrary to earlier reports, the H2 will NOT be discontinued in 2011 - the redesign has been cancelled (for now).:clapping:

Hummer Aficionado_VT 04-02-2008 03:28 PM

Re: 2009 H2

That's good news! Do you know what the new colors are?

tomp 04-02-2008 05:25 PM

I take it the negotiations were resolved....LOL

Boss Hoss 04-02-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hummer Aficionado_VT
That's good news! Do you know what the new colors are?

Sounds to me like these might be le colors but this is just a guess.

blksunblkmoon 04-02-2008 06:40 PM

:perfect10s: I had heard about the discontinuation on another board. that would have sucked!

Hummer Aficionado_VT 04-02-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss Hoss
Sounds to me like these might be le colors but this is just a guess.

Oh, good point. Do you think they got rid of yellow so they can make a LE in yellow and get a premium for it?

frenzy1 04-03-2008 09:24 AM

Good to hear H2 will still be in production after 2011 !!!

Hummer Guy 04-03-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Got some info today -
Blue-tooth :)
2 new colors :)
No diesel :(

And contrary to earlier reports, the H2 will NOT be discontinued in 2011 - the redesign has been cancelled (for now).:clapping:

All true...and no worries on H2 leaving anytime soon...we'll have another, smaller Hummer before they think of dropping H2...:)

DRTYFN 04-03-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hummer Guy
All true...and no worries on H2 leaving anytime soon...we'll have another, smaller Hummer before they think of dropping H2...:)

But still... weren't you looking forward to an H2 makeover and the new diesel? I know I was. 20" of ground clearance, diesel, possible portal axles....

tomp 04-03-2008 04:03 PM

DRTYFN, it would be nice to have portals on the H2 but dont see much advantage with solid rear back there. It would be cool if they did independant rear suspension with portals on all four axles! Couple that with the diesel and dual lockers and we would have a much better H2.

A couple of interior options would be nice too. (IE: digital inclinometer, re-chargable flashlight, bluetooth, iPod connection, etc)

Hummer Guy 04-03-2008 06:55 PM

[quote=DRTYFN]But still... weren't you looking forward to an H2 makeover and the new diesel? [quote]

yes....

Vettster 04-03-2008 08:00 PM

No Diesel.
GM lost one sale on that.

Goonsqd 04-03-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettster
No Diesel.
GM lost one sale on that.

Make that 2

Hummer Aficionado_VT 04-04-2008 01:43 AM

Isn't the new diesel going into a couple of other GM SUVs? What's the big deal with adding a diesel to the 2?

pteam 04-04-2008 03:45 AM

I saw diesel was $4.19 today .

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ 04-04-2008 06:46 AM

pteam

You hit that nail on the head. It may be different in other places but, diesel I hear about and see is going higher faster than gas. Man I'm glad I retired from farming and growing rice. I had worked on a 5 year plan to convert all wells to diesel engines. That bill has got be outrageous last few years.

I realized one winter that I was 42 everything paid for 1200 acres and equip. Good labor was hard to find and I did not know spanish or I would have hired some Latino men. Here the farmers I see hiring them those men work hard. Well brought back some memories.

I would not want a diesel powered rig now. Someday hopefully by the time Dragons tow pig is wore out he or I well maybe together will buy a diesel tow monster H2.

Diesel at $4.20 not yet

TAZ

TXSUT 04-04-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Man I'm glad I retired from farming and growing rice. I had worked on a 5 year plan to convert all wells to diesel engines.

On the other hand, Taz, you could have abandoned the wells, dried the fields, and made a $hitload of money growing corn for ethanol....at least until the idiot enviro-whackos and gov't come to their senses and figure out that biofuels production does more harm to the environment than oil production. :notallthere: :mad:

Spuds 04-04-2008 08:20 PM

In the oil bidness, and right now the refiners are trying to recoup their capital expenditures to convert over to LSD....uh, low sulfur diesel you laymen. :)

I expect that it won't stay higher than premium forever......

Hammer 04-04-2008 08:59 PM

I have to pay 8.77476 $ per gallon for premium fuel isn´t that cheap:rant:

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ 04-05-2008 09:44 AM

TXSUT
Man I wish I still had the land and plant nothing but corn and wheat.

When I got out 1999 all this bio crap and ethanol stuff was not even a twinkle in but a few peoples brain. We had been screaming for it for 10 years before I got.

You are right it sure is the place to be depending on where you live. It has been so wet in midwest and midsouth that corn should have been planted in our area in middle of March. Alot of wheat in in the states on each side of Mississippi River is under anywhere from 5" of water to as much as 10'.

Look for bio-diesel and food to go up. The purpose for gov. coming out with these programs was to cut payments to help farming because Americas farmers could not compete with world and I could give cost and sales price for example but will not. Anyway now the idea of more crop usage would have the cost of increased price spread amoung more people and it not hurt so bad. Well along came oil shortage along with crop price up because less to be used for food diverted to fuel and gov. has a real mess on their hands.

Believe it or not the farmers were screaming in the 80's for gov. to get out of farming with support money etc. and let those of us who are good businessmen survive the rest find a new job. I was not afraid of getting gov. out making my business decisions for me. It was on deaf ears. Wait till gov. mess with sugar next. Right now there are only about 3 major farm families that draw the bulk of gov. money and then these families control the price setting they make. The very biggest is a Cuban immigrant family that moved legally into Florida and Louisiana with financial ability to buy up much of the cane growing land. Not knocking the heritage of the people because for one thing they had the know how that others did not. So more power to them. It is just another crop that does not need huge tax payer money paid to grow it. Yet there will be a move at some point to use sugarcane as well as sugar beet to aid in fuel. So instead of paying high fuel prices and have cheaper food the gov. will give grants which they have already for crops mentioned to bring it on line as a fuel so that fuel will stay up and food will go up also. There needs to be an independent group to regulate how all this is brought online so food and fuel cost go up to high.

TAZ