Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   a few offroad pics... (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34289)

Dave92270 05-31-2008 07:10 AM

a few offroad pics...

..from couple of weeks ago. I thought I'd share them..Joshua Tree NP area, as usual. It was already late afternoon and I was on the trail for some 3-4 hours and tiring..too much of fine dust too. Later I got near to I-10 freeway but got bit lost as where to enter it.. got out from canyon onto water district service dirt-road, and no way onto freeway, because fences everywhere, or deep trench serving the same purpose. Finally after some search found a hole in the fence later too...then some excitement crossing few hunfred yards of rough open desert..merged on freeway from the shoulder, to entertainment of semi drivers going 70+mph in the right lane.. So, I bought a handheld topo-GPS after this trip, ha-ha.

ChiHummer3 05-31-2008 02:03 PM

Re: a few offroad pics...

Cool pics! :clapping:

fourfourto 05-31-2008 09:12 PM

Nice area to wheel
Did you try to bring your wheels up on those rocks

Dave92270 05-31-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourfourto
...Did you try to bring your wheels up on those rocks ..

no, unfortunately not, at least not yet. See, I wheel alone, and so I do avoid situations where I can possibly get stuck or break something. I even don't have a locker :o so I don't tempt it... my next H3 will definitely have both rear and front lockers so I could "play" without fear of being stranded 30 miles out there in the middle of nowhere.. the areas where I go are without cellular network coverage, and there is minimal traffic out there too ( I met only one vehicle during 3-4 hours on this trail) so I got to watch out what am I doing, unless I'm willing to walk several hours (it's hot here usually too) to get help... I think I should purchase at least High-Lift jack for now..

RazM 05-31-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave92270
no, unfortunately not, at least not yet. See, I wheel alone, and so I do avoid situations where I can possibly get stuck or break something. I even don't have a locker :o so I don't tempt it... my next H3 will definitely have both rear and front lockers so I could "play" without fear of being stranded 30 miles out there in the middle of nowhere.. the areas where I go are without cellular network coverage, and there is minimal traffic out there too ( I met only one vehicle during 3-4 hours on this trail) so I got to watch out what am I doing, unless I'm willing to walk several hours (it's hot here usually too) to get help... I think I should purchase at least High-Lift jack for now..

I can understand the fear of wheeling alone and not trying anything too extreme, but getting your wheels on some of those boulders is hardly extreme.

Lockers aren't required either for those boulders, so stop the excuses and get those tires on the rocks!
:jump: :perfect10s:

P.S. I wish there was a place like that by here, it would be a dream...

Dave92270 06-01-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazM
...so stop the excuses and get those tires on the rocks!
:jump: :perfect10s:

P.S. I wish there was a place like that by here, it would be a dream...

yeah yeah, I got it...but I still would prefer to have another vehicle nearby, just in case... But, if I'll see some of those rocks that will look like they're good to have fun with without jeopardizing myself too much, I'll give it a thought, I promise :excited:

here are few more pics: