Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Look what i tow! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34351)

flippy 06-05-2008 02:58 AM

Look what i tow!

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone else done this?

CONRAD II 06-05-2008 03:06 AM

Re: Look what i tow!

I need to introduce you to my transmission guy. Speaking from experience, you will blow something up. It may not happen today or tomorrow, but real soon, you gonna blow something up.......... :violin:

CONRAD II 06-05-2008 03:12 AM

BTW, is that a fifth wheel in your sut? Never seen that before. Also, I just can't help myself. Sorry, but doesn't that thing smell like a huge porta-potty. Seriously, to pull that around with a hummer has to cost you more than staying at a 5 star hotel. IMO that LIMO-CAMPER is about the worst investment anyone can make. Worse than a boat or a plane!!!

Smitty504 06-05-2008 03:18 AM

Never seen that before..I've seen the huge like coach motor homes pulling Hummers before and other than pulling my boat I've never seen another hummer towing something here that I can remember anyways. By the way does it pull that thing easy or does it struggle a bit?

OldHiker 06-05-2008 03:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When I realized I could not pull what I wanted to live in, I started pulling the Hummer instead. Definitely saves on gas for the Hummer.:giggling: Attachment 48474

HummerRox 06-05-2008 04:00 AM

nice RV :perfect10s:

3Hummer 06-05-2008 04:32 AM

does someone wanna explain how youj tow a car like that behind an rv, like how does tehs teering wheel work, how do you keep it in place or what?

ROX 06-05-2008 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flippy
Has anyone else done this?

LMAO!! I haven't ever seen that before. Is that yours?

frenzy1 06-05-2008 06:39 AM

SIZE MATTERS !

PaHumBug 06-05-2008 01:22 PM

Looks like if you turn very sharp at all the trailer will hit your roof. Those 5th wheels are designed for pickup beds, not a 3 ft SUT bed.

speednr1 06-05-2008 01:43 PM

come on guys, Its a joke. you cannot even pull a 5th wheel with a short bed crew cab pick up.He obviously backed up to it for some photo fun.:clapping:

flippy 06-15-2008 01:03 AM

Its mine, and its not a joke everyone said I couldn't do it so I did it!! I made mine own custom frame mounts and extended the tongue a little. Had a 2500hd and it tows it just as good as that did. if the tans goes I will rebuild it my self no biggy!! Tow every weekend about 90 miles, so far so good. trans temp doen't get above 210 on hard pull, the 2500hd went to 220-230!!

HummerJim 06-15-2008 03:30 AM

You can definitely do a fifth wheel in an H2SUT. There's a guy at the stables that has a silver H2SUT that pulls a fifth wheel horse trailer behind his all over the US for his daughter who also jumps horses like my wife used to. His hitch in the bed was custom made at Midwest 4 Wheeldrive Center - home of Bigfoot - they have an excellent fabrication shop. I know he has the air shocks in the back of his, like mine and he has a vertical steel plate in the front part of the bed restricting rear vision, but protecting the cabin. As far as I know, he hasn't had any transmission issues, but has gone through some brake pads early.

KenP 06-15-2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Hummer
does someone wanna explain how youj tow a car like that behind an rv, like how does tehs teering wheel work, how do you keep it in place or what?

It's a truck.:)

Sewie 06-15-2008 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldHiker
When I realized I could not pull what I wanted to live in, I started pulling the Hummer instead. Definitely saves on gas for the Hummer.:giggling: Attachment 48474

DAYUM!!!!! :eek: :cool: Nice setup OH. So when are you coming back out west? :D

speednr1 06-17-2008 07:20 PM

need better pics and a video, its kinda unbelievable.

OldHiker 06-17-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Hummer

No steering wheel lock. Put the transfer case into neutral. Done. I don't even know it's back there most of the time. Can't see it except in the rear view monitor. When the Prius owners go by, I give them a big smile.:) :clapping: :jump: :p :giggling: :D Their sacrifice is well appreciated.

OldHiker 06-17-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewie
DAYUM!!!!! :eek: :cool: Nice setup OH. So when are you coming back out west? :D

Unfortunately, the furthest I will go on my next trip is to Denver and then to Albuquerque. Then down into Texas and back to Florida before going home. I am trying to plan a trip to the left coast, but nothing definite yet. I'd like to go to CA, OR & WA and back through Montana. Next year is an Alaskan trip in the initial planning stages, including traveling the Pipeline in the Hummer. From there who knows, I don't.

Fortunately, my ss checks will start in October, otherwise, I could hardly afford it.:giggling:

OldHiker 06-18-2008 11:01 PM

Sorry, Flippy, did not mean to hijack this thread.

Big Z 06-19-2008 03:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ya,It's a joke! the 2 has No Squat---Besides, you can barely see the Jack legs down, in the pic. roflmao!