Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tropical Storm Fay (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35108)

RubHer Yellow Ducky 08-18-2008 10:35 PM

Tropical Storm Fay

Its about 5:15 PM and i'm around 25 miles south of downtown Miami and about 25 miles north of the enterance to Key Largo...

not much wind, a lotta rain, gosh I hope the Bagel Place is open in the morning...

they say things should pick up a bit tonight and sometime tomorrow it may go ashore around Ft Myers...

The Dirty (or wet) side of the storm is always (most of the time) to the east of the eye (which has already passed over Key West) so the Miami/Ft Laud area should be in better shape by tomorrow, early evening...

Just spoke to friends in Vero Beach and their gonna get ready for a rain event, nothing else...

YaAll up state should get ready for lots of rain and those on the lower half west coast of Florida some winds to go along with it...

good luck...

HummerHippy 08-18-2008 10:49 PM

Re: Tropical Storm Fay

Be Safe!!!

Big Dad 08-18-2008 11:09 PM

Sure makes living in earthquake country that much more attractive!

Be safe down there, you never know when you'll lose a roof!

KenP 08-18-2008 11:48 PM

A lady ABC reporter was on Key West for our 6pm local newscast. She said it had calmed down and the storm had passed by Key West.

Surprise!

When the news channel went to the local weather guys they said she was just in the eye.:giggling:

KenP 08-18-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubHer Yellow Ducky
Its about 5:15 PM and i'm around 25 miles south of downtown Miami and about 25 miles north of the enterance to Key Largo...

Homestead?

3Hummer 08-19-2008 12:55 AM

im in Palm Beach, county just cancelled school for tomorrow im soo happy considering every other district has off, so got back from summer had school today but none tomorrow!

RubHer Yellow Ducky 08-19-2008 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenP
Homestead?

No...Homestead is only about 7 minutes from the start of the Keys...

if your familiar with Miami I'm near MetroZoo (Perrine/CountryWalk)

KenP 08-19-2008 05:34 AM

Quote:

No...Homestead is only about 7 minutes from the start of the Keys...

if your familiar with Miami I'm near MetroZoo (Perrine/CountryWalk)

Are we going for drinks when I get down there for the NASCAR race someyear?:clapping:

frenzy1 08-19-2008 06:24 AM

Hope you're allright !

So I guess July / August ain't perfect to visit South Florida ? I had plans of visiting next year with my wife in July. What's your opinion ?

frenzy
Belgium

ssgharkness020147 08-19-2008 07:51 AM

Quote:

Homestead?

Speaking of which what happened to your move to FLA Ken?

wpage 08-19-2008 10:32 AM

Buy Hurricane Tape!

Do Now...

RubHer Yellow Ducky 08-19-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Are we going for drinks when I get down there for the NASCAR race someyear?:clapping:

DAM RIGHT, for sure, I'll buy the first, third, fifth and seventh round !!!

Have you ever been to the Homestead Track? Its in the BOONIES (a little) and traffic is like really bad...and forget about the drive through line at Checkers, Bk, Mickey D's, etc etc ...I've seen them 30 minutes long, regular sit in's like Ruby Tuesday, Applebee's, Chili's etc the wait can be 90 minutes or more...

If I sell my house by then I may be living in the Redlands, west of Homestead...then we can have HORNSBY's LOL and BBQ Duck...

RubHer Yellow Ducky 08-19-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenzy1
Hope you're allright !

So I guess July / August ain't perfect to visit South Florida ? I had plans of visiting next year with my wife in July. What's your opinion ?

frenzy
Belgium

Come on over, as far as Tropical Storms and Hurricanes I left my CRYSTAL BALLS in the H-3 this morning....you just never know...Fay was/is just a lot of rain, Andrew (1992) was like WWII all over again...

One thing to remember is July / August can be 90-95 degree f and and its not uncommon to be 90% humidity or higher...

Theres lots to due...A must is an AirBoat ride in the Everglades (there is nothing in the world like it)..We have a World Class Zoo with an A/C Monorail (a must)...South Beach if you like BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE and CROWDS, some say the best clubs and night life in the U.S.... The Keys are just minutes away...Some of the greatest Salt Water Fishing in the World...Orlando and Disney are just 4 hours north...The Miami area is a world class Eating Destination, many many superb eating establishments...

OH, By The Way, If You Want...

I have 2 homes for sale...if you buy both I'll throw in a 2006 H-3 LUX with 9000 miles

AND 4 U (since i'm buying 1st, 3rd, 5th & 7th for Ken)

I'll buy the 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th...

KenP 08-19-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssgharkness020147
Speaking of which what happened to your move to FLA Ken?

With a handsome-bouncing-bubbly-baby-bean-boy the grandparents would have a complete meltdown if we left. :o

Six months, 9 days old... Sheeezz, time flies.

3Hummer 08-19-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenzy1
Hope you're allright !

frenzy
Belgium

I would say no, becuase its just way to hot bieleve me, and Humid, as far as tropical cyclonse go, they usually dont make landfall in this month, and the ones that do arent the strongest cuase they form mostly in the Carribean. In 2004 we got slammed by two cat 2's in September. where I live, and the next year in October we got owned by a 3. I wouldnt really make Hurricane season a deciding factor on when to come, becuase in 2006 and 2007 none hit florida, so its all luck of the draw. And if there is one, as i tell all my out of town friends a Hurricane is something you really need to expierence in your lifetime (so long as no one get hurts). Unless its a cat 4 or 5 im out of florida, but 1, 2, or 3 is something to see.

RubHer Yellow Ducky 08-19-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Hummer
I would say no, becuase its just way to hot bieleve me, and Humid, as far as tropical cyclonse go, they usually dont make landfall in this month, and the ones that do arent the strongest cuase they form mostly in the Carribean. In 2004 we got slammed by two cat 2's in September. where I live, and the next year in October we got owned by a 3. I wouldnt really make Hurricane season a deciding factor on when to come, becuase in 2006 and 2007 none hit florida, so its all luck of the draw. And if there is one, as i tell all my out of town friends a Hurricane is something you really need to expierence in your lifetime (so long as no one get hurts). Unless its a cat 4 or 5 im out of florida, but 1, 2, or 3 is something to see.

You are one sick puppy...no one needs that kind of experience...A Cat 3 can jump to a 4 or 5 faster then you can switch TITS...

I've been in 99% of all hurricanes to hit Miami-Dade Country since 1951 (including ANDREW) and none of them are fun...

Its not fun putting up the shutters, its not fun waiting in the gas lines, its not fun being in line at the supermarket, its not fun taking the shutters down and packing them away, its not fun picking up all the junk that blows into your yard, its not fun going to the dump, its not fun sleeping without A/C when you loose electricity (I have had a generator for only 4 years), its not fun sleeping in a trailer for over a year...

The only advantage of a hurricane over a earthquake or tornado is that you know the hurricane is coming where in the other two you can just put your head up your ass and pray...

Big Dad 08-19-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

You are one sick puppy...no one needs that kind of experience...A Cat 3 can jump to a 4 or 5 faster then you can switch TITS...

I've been in 99% of all hurricanes to hit Miami-Dade Country since 1951 (including ANDREW) and none of them are fun...

Its not fun putting up the shutters, its not fun waiting in the gas lines, its not fun being in line at the supermarket, its not fun taking the shutters down and packing them away, its not fun picking up all the junk that blows into your yard, its not fun going to the dump, its not fun sleeping without A/C when you loose electricity (I have had a generator for only 4 years), its not fun sleeping in a trailer for over a year...

The only advantage of a hurricane over a earthquake or tornado is that you know the hurricane is coming where in the other two you can just put your head up your ass and pray...

Ahem....

You know those tornadoes have a nasty habit of sneaking up on trailer parks and campers when they least expect it.

But I see your point, you know the property may be catastrophically damaged while your away.

I'll take putting 3Hummers head up his @ss and praying any day during a West coast earthquake over the hurricane!

:jump:

Karsun 08-19-2008 08:45 PM

I'm with Hummer3, I love the small hurricanes and tropical storms. I've been through tons and the only part that I hate is being without power. As long as no one gets hurt or has property damage, I think they're awesome. The big ones that are devastating? Not fun at all and I am sad for everyone who loses their home or family member. But we said the small ones. :)

RubHer Yellow Ducky 08-19-2008 09:03 PM

come on dudes and dudets...!

ANDREW was a CAT 3 till at the last minute it changed direction, headed for my ass and became a CAT 5...

The only ones who liked ANDREW were the COCKROACHES who now had an easy access into the house...

hope you all stay dry cause FAY is a wet one...great for lake O and our fresh water supply (yes i know the biscayne aquifier)

its a couple on minutes after 4 PM on tuesday and now we are still getting little squalls out of the west...

Karsun 08-19-2008 09:39 PM

Well I think what we meant was one that STAYS a small storm. :) No one liked Andrew. :(