Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Drive through carwash (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38296)

GRTWHT1 10-08-2009 01:42 PM

Drive through carwash

Do any of you use the drive through washes? I just was at the dealer for some service and normally they wash your vehicle but they tell me they don't do the h2's because the roof marker lights get broken off. Is this a real deal or just a story? I live in the snow zone and it is very hard to keep the road salt off the vehicles if you can't use the carwash in the winter.:eek:

HumminNBoatin' 10-08-2009 01:57 PM

Re: Drive through carwash

A stock H2 with 37's will fit in most newer drive through car washes. I remember those days and I miss them :( . However as soon as you crank your Torsion bars for another 2" of lift they will no longer fit. Now that my truck is lifted with the roof rack and spare on top I have yet to find a drive through car wash that has clearance over 8'.

ROUSHDEMON 10-08-2009 03:09 PM

yeah.... its a No-no for me too, my cars are either way to low or way to tall and wide...
Oh well... gotta find those hot bikini car washes on the side of the road which of course happens ALL the time here in Nashville, cuz there are so many hot women here......:OWNED:

HummerJim 10-08-2009 04:26 PM

I had one of those swirling brushes take the brush guard off of a previous vehicle, and I have a friend with an H2 that lost one of his roof rack bars, so I don't do car washes with my H2.

Dan D 2 10-09-2009 04:34 AM

I use a carwash all the time....its a brushless though. We have a new one in town and it does a very good job.

Big.Z.hummin 10-09-2009 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROUSHDEMON
yeah.... its a No-no for me too, my cars are either way to low or way to tall and wide...
Oh well... gotta find those hot bikini car washes on the side of the road which of course happens ALL the time here in Nashville, cuz there are so many hot women here......:OWNED:

Dude i actually found one of those this summer.... in nashville who would have thought?? turns out my rig looked worse than before the wash. but i got a good show :jump:

Rico001 10-09-2009 05:37 AM

The first day we got Ours we almost got stuck in the car wash cause
it was not not wide enough.

We now use a newer one that uses brushless and it works great.
~Richard

ROUSHDEMON 10-09-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big.Z.hummin
Dude i actually found one of those this summer.... in nashville who would have thought?? turns out my rig looked worse than before the wash. but i got a good show :jump:

lol, thats hilarious.

Pure_Justice 10-12-2009 10:47 AM

Hello:

I have been thru a couple of drive thru places with no incident. It took me like 4-5 places to find the clearance and width, but there are a few out their.

I found that any place with a 96" clearance or greater to be ideal. Any place with an 84" clearance was iffy.

Hope this helps.