Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Soaked floor board (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38380)

Intercooled 10-26-2009 02:47 AM

Soaked floor board

Had drenching rains here the other night. I went to clean up the H2 today, started to vacume the carpet on the drivers side and noticed it was pretty wet. I pulled out the sill plate and man, i had ,like an inch of water in there. the head liner was dry. I've heard of this issue on here before and did a search today. Could be a number of things, but most likely the roof marker light or sun roof drain. I'm going to drop it off tomorrow at the dealership since I'm still under warrenty.

ROUSHDEMON 10-26-2009 07:28 AM

Re: Soaked floor board

That is EXACTLY what it is, I had the same problem in my 06 and took it in twice, what's funny is that my 03 has never had that problem:giggling:
but most likely the drains need to be flushed up and just have them resill the markers, that'll do!

HumminNBoatin' 10-26-2009 01:54 PM

I have the same problem! Where is this drain line at??

Easy Ed 10-26-2009 02:20 PM

Front removal

Front install and Rear removal and instal

Hum-Digger 10-26-2009 05:23 PM

I too had a similar problem where the carpet (on the driver's side) was completely soaked after a heavy rain. I checked the roof marker light on the left side and found it was loose. All I did was tightened it and the problem went away!

wingn69 10-26-2009 09:18 PM

this is how i fixed mine.

ROUSHDEMON 10-26-2009 09:19 PM

yeah it took the dealer 3 times to figure that one out, they also said that there are some bugs (forget what kind) that like to go into the drain tube which is a perfect matting or... egging or whatever the F you call it and clog the MF.
...anyways, flush that and resill your markers with silicone and problem solved.
and Eric, you might wanna do the rear middle markers as well, I had water running down the inside of my back window in my 03.:soapbox:

Intercooled 10-26-2009 09:49 PM

Dropped it off today. No word yet as to what they found, hopefully tommorrow. As a side note, the service manager is my neighbor and its a Buick, Cadillac dealership. He told they were told not service any more Hummers. He said he could this done for me as a favor. They have been turning away any Hummer work. I guess with the Chinese making this deal close, Hummer owners will have to go to Hummer dealers. I'm not sure if this applies to warrenty work only.

twr 10-26-2009 11:32 PM

Hi warranty work in ont. canada has to be done at a hummer dealer only even before the sale of hummer. If the owner of the hummer is paying for the repair it still may have to go to a hummer dealer now after the sale of hummer. I guess you guys will see soon, when you need repair thats not under warranty.

HummerMann 10-27-2009 01:27 PM

Own an H2 with a sunroof long enough and it's probably going to happen. I had the dust/mud clog in the sunroof drain and took it to the dealer years ago and they suggested getting a medical enteral feeding tube reamer. It's a 32 inch titanium alloy wire with a silicone tip that won't kink, it can take pounds of pressure and force, and you can get from most medical supply places for about 60 dollars. Just run it through the drain tube now and them.

mbdougl 10-27-2009 01:59 PM

I had the water leaking in from the overhead console and blew out the drains with my air compressor it solved the problem. Just open the sunroof and the drain holes are in the corners, no dealer trip necessary! Any GM dealer will fix my Hummer but for warranty work I have to go to Hummer dealer. I traded my 07 H3 on an X5 so I am back to one Hummer, I just didn't enjoy the long trips to the dealer for oil leaks, water in the engine, bad cat. Geez, I hope my German BMW "built in South Carolina" holds up better, at least the dealer is only 5 minutes from my house.

Intercooled 10-28-2009 10:34 PM

Got my truck back today. YUP.... it was leaking from the marker light on the roof. They said they resealed it and all is well. I asked about the other lights and they said they werent leaking. (hmmmmmm, not yet any way) I guess I'll do the others myself by using an RTV silicone like the others have suggested on here. They replaced my chrome hood latch, which the chrome was starting to bubble up on, under warrenty. They professionally disenfected and dried the soaked carpetting and pad as well. I had them do a Transmission service since I'm just about 30K on the odometer. Everything is up to speed and hopefully I'll be good for a while. I'm just glad they found the leak.

ROUSHDEMON 10-29-2009 04:44 AM

Good to hear bro, I'm glad they took care of it after only one time of taking it to the dealership instead of 3, ha!

06 SUT 12-26-2009 06:19 PM

Ok, lets discuss this issue once more. Obviously I am having the same issue. I have checked the drain tube, water flows freely through it and I have checked and rechecked the clearance lamps, I have checked so many time that I now need to replace the driver side one due to the tang breaking off. One question, if the lamps leak, would the headliner not get wet also? You all talk about using silicone, are you removing the sponge-like gasket on the outboard lights to silicone them up? Have you come across water intruding from anywhere else? After the rains here last night on the East Coast, I am fed up with soaked floor boards. Thanks

H2R 12-26-2009 06:44 PM

Well went to the neighbors tonight and it rained. I had 5 beers and 4 double shots of Tequila and when I came home and checked the floor on the truck and its dry....:popcorn: :beerchug: mabee I should check again in the morning?;)

Intercooled 12-26-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06 SUT
Ok, lets discuss this issue once more. Obviously I am having the same issue. I have checked the drain tube, water flows freely through it and I have checked and rechecked the clearance lamps, I have checked so many time that I now need to replace the driver side one due to the tang breaking off. One question, if the lamps leak, would the headliner not get wet also? You all talk about using silicone, are you removing the sponge-like gasket on the outboard lights to silicone them up? Have you come across water intruding from anywhere else? After the rains here last night on the East Coast, I am fed up with soaked floor boards. Thanks

I dont have first hand experience fixing them but the dealer removed the one that was leaking on mine and siliconed the hole only. Not around the outside of the lamp. Been fine since. My head liner was dry when my floor board was soaked. I believe the water follows the A-piller down to the floor board.

Olfart 12-26-2009 10:58 PM

I fixed mine (hopefully) by removing the left marker assy. Underneath the wires run through a rubber grommet and down the left door pillar. The grommet was loose in the hole. I pulled the grommet up out of the hole cleaned it and then used adhesive RTV around the hole...replaced the grommet and then sealed around it too. So far so good and we have had alot of rain lately. The first time I tried to fix it I just sealed around the lamp, but no go since the rainwater runs in a track around the roof like a gutter and runs under the marker lamp and down through the pillar hole for the wires. This can also happen on the right side, but it seems to happen more on the left(driver side) probably due to the vibration on the rubber grommet from closing (slamming) the driver door more than any other doors. Air pressure inside the cabin could also force the grommet up out of the hole when the door is closed.

06 SUT 12-26-2009 11:05 PM

Thanks for all the history on this problem. Been reading tons of info on this issue for different posts on here. I just went and got some Black RTV aand sealed around all 4 outer lights. I will be testing the results tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully with decent results. I inspected all the center ones and they all seemed to be holding up well. I also read about a few with weatherstripping issues. Also inspected and didn't find anything obvious. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best....Thanks

Intercooled 12-27-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06 SUT
Thanks for all the history on this problem. Been reading tons of info on this issue for different posts on here. I just went and got some Black RTV aand sealed around all 4 outer lights. I will be testing the results tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully with decent results. I inspected all the center ones and they all seemed to be holding up well. I also read about a few with weatherstripping issues. Also inspected and didn't find anything obvious. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best....Thanks

Let us know the results. Always good to get feedback on what works and how you did it. Good Luck!

06 SUT 12-29-2009 02:11 AM

Well, it still continued to leak after sealing the marker lights. The Hummer dealership I use has closed it service center and I am now forced to use a regular GM dealer. My best guess is weatherstripping that even though it looks good, may not be doing the job. My only other guesses, from reading past posts, is the windshield or body seam. Dropped it off tonight and hope to know something within the next couple of days.