Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Traction Control Button (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38815)

HummerJunkies 01-11-2010 03:06 AM

Traction Control Button

Is it normal that I have to Hold my traction control button for like 5 sec. for it to activate. Everything seems to work when its on but just wanted to know if it was normal. Thanks for the help in advance.

HUMTECH 01-11-2010 04:35 AM

Re: Traction Control Button

Traction control is normally on, you push and hold the buton to disable it if i remember correctly

wpage 01-11-2010 12:48 PM

On my 06 you have to hold the button down for a few moments untill the yellow light on the speedo illuminates to activate traction control...
Never timed it but it seems like the button needs to be depressed & held down for at least 5 seconds or more. Once the light comes on its engaged as a form of limited slip tire traction.

dlinden200 01-13-2010 04:14 AM

Yes, it has to be held for at least 5 seconds.
When you turn the hummer off (ignition) and restart it always resets to traction control on, automatically.
A real pain when your off roading and make frequent stops.

Dan

Rred 01-17-2010 12:54 AM

I left the traction control on while I was wheel'n the snow/ice covered trails. It worked incredibly well for the slick stuff. Plus driving on the ICE rink roads up here. traction control is awesome on these trucks!

HummerHippy 01-21-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummerJunkies
Is it normal that I have to Hold my traction control button for like 5 sec. for it to activate. Everything seems to work when its on but just wanted to know if it was normal. Thanks for the help in advance.

Tested my 2009 H3T - I have no need to hold the button in. one press (normal speed) and traction is turned off (Light on dash appears as well as "TRACTION OFF" or something like that on DIC).
I even tested this morning at 70mph. Turns off and on without holding the botton

cdmintmi 03-11-2010 04:57 AM

in the 06 manual it says hold for 5-6 seconds I believe. I think it says they did this so people wouldnt inadvertantly hit the button at highway speeds when youd most likely need the system. the stability/traction control system on these trucks works incredibly well. Id dare say i dont think they can hydroplane with it on. especially with 35" mud tires. I hit a spot of road covered with 6-8 inches of water going 50mph one night driving through a major t-storm and didnt even momentarily loose control. you could hear the braking system going crazy but it tracked straight and true to the other side. It sold me.