Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My H2 playing the day after the blizzard (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40834)

twenty2 02-04-2011 02:34 AM

My H2 playing the day after the blizzard

1 Attachment(s)
Heres a quick pic of my rig going through my subdivision before the plow trucks came by.. We got 2 feet of snow and I had fun when it was all happening as well as the day after in Chicago...

HUMMERICH23 02-04-2011 03:29 AM

Re: My H2 playing the day after the blizzard

Super Jealous, we only got stupid ice here in Cleveland. I was sooo pissed. I was ready to do what you were doing on tues and weds, but no, 3rd biggest winter storm in history and we get 3 inches of snow and some ice.

DRTYFN 02-04-2011 06:35 AM

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

accely 02-05-2011 03:43 PM

THAT's an awesome pic!

Nips 02-05-2011 06:02 PM

Nice pic! We got about 18"....I had a ton of fun playing in the snow! Didn't get any cool pics :mad:

ROUSHDEMON 02-07-2011 11:49 PM

That's f*king awesome! Very jealous as well! Damn that looks fun!!!!:dancingbanana:

JesseJames1956 02-08-2011 04:20 PM

I parked my 2005 H2 in a lot next to my house. After the storm had passed, the high winds had depositied almost 3 feet of snow in our alley. I tried to get out but the wheels just spun in place and made a nice ice hole. Which of course just made it worse. I tried everything from 4lo, 4hi and turning off the traction control. I didn't lock the hubs but I'm not sure if it would've worked.
I finally had to take a 50lb bag of salt, dump it evenly behind every wheel to get myself unstuck and back into the lot.
I brought my H2 used last year and I'm wondering if new tires would have made a bigger difference? I'm running on 35" Toyo's.

ROUSHDEMON 02-08-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseJames1956
I parked my 2005 H2 in a lot next to my house. After the storm had passed, the high winds had depositied almost 3 feet of snow in our alley. I tried to get out but the wheels just spun in place and made a nice ice hole. Which of course just made it worse. I tried everything from 4lo, 4hi and turning off the traction control. I didn't lock the hubs but I'm not sure if it would've worked.
I finally had to take a 50lb bag of salt, dump it evenly behind every wheel to get myself unstuck and back into the lot.
I brought my H2 used last year and I'm wondering if new tires would have made a bigger difference? I'm running on 35" Toyo's.

get stubbier tires and a lift!:beerchug:

HUMMERICH23 02-09-2011 12:15 AM

Are your Toyos New, Old, how many miles on them?
Are they the MT or AT?
A little more info would help!
Was their solid ice under the tires from the storm, i know a lot of people were having problems because that storm dropped ice first then tons of snow.

JesseJames1956 10-26-2011 10:52 AM

It's only been almost a year since I posted my plea for help! LOL! But I dug my spare tire out in the summer to mount it on my new rear carrier and the tread on it is a heck of a lot deeper than than on my Toyo MT's. So it looks like new tires for me this winter. :clapping:

MARKCORE 12-09-2011 02:13 PM

I can't wait for the snow this year!!! Got my eye on a fat 6'' tow strap for my Jeep buddies! :giggling:

Indy 12-10-2011 01:32 AM

Looks like you had a lot of fun :excited:

2010_5thgen 12-12-2011 04:19 PM

i cant wait for some deep snow.