Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Crush is done.... 40?s installed.... (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42194)

OrangeCrush 12-15-2011 01:26 AM

The Crush is done.... 40?s installed....

He?s doooone........

No rubbing, (have almost 1 1/2? space at closest point of contact), lost a little bit of the ride when I installed the HD 2500 torsion bars, gained it back with the 40?s.

Programmed the speedometer, it?s EXACTLY on the money. Now, my old, short ass has a little bit of a problem getting in...lol.

I ordered a set of Power Amp steps but they have to be built and take 2 weeks to make.

Soon enough and it?ll be done....

Mark

TTLex 12-15-2011 01:51 AM

Re: The Crush is done.... 40?s installed....

Looks awesome!

Since you have the AMP steps coming, how bout you sell me that molding on the side the has the cut outs for the LE steps. I can send you mine that doesnt for when you get the AMP steps. I have the LE steps without that moulding, and it would be nice to have the full area to step up on.

OrangeCrush 12-15-2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTLex
Looks awesome!

Since you have the AMP steps coming, how bout you sell me that molding on the side the has the cut outs for the LE steps. I can send you mine that doesnt for when you get the AMP steps. I have the LE steps without that moulding, and it would be nice to have the full area to step up on.

I?ve got someone that wants to trade me the complete set of bars because if I trade you the uppers, then I?m stuck with the steps.

Mark

TTLex 12-15-2011 02:26 AM

If it falls through let me know, you can sell the steps by themselves all day long for pretty good money.

tyler1bo 12-15-2011 02:28 AM

Looks HUGE!! Love it

charles06 12-15-2011 02:39 AM

I hate you.

But on a more positive note, I have the AMP Steps and had my shop run some VERY thin LED's along the bottom of the truck that light up when the steps drop. If you want the details, let me know.

But don't let this make you think I don't still hate you...cuz I do.

TTLex 12-15-2011 03:22 AM

how do you like the AMP steps Charles? Are they worth the coin, and do they drop down far enough to help us high lifted guys out? I was thinking about the Nfabs, but not sure I like them or not.

I did a heavy leg workout at the gym monday evening......it was a bitch getting in the truck this morning. Its amazing how a couple of inches can make such a difference.

charles06 12-15-2011 03:41 AM

Yes. They are one of the best mods I've done to the truck. Word of advice, get them Rhyno Lined before you install them. They are very slippery when wet.

cashville 12-15-2011 04:50 AM

I hate you also.
Damn, that looks NICE!

OrangeCrush 12-15-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTLex
If it falls through let me know, you can sell the steps by themselves all day long for pretty good money.

Absolutely....

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler1bo
Looks HUGE!! Love it

Well, thank you...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashville
I hate you also.
Damn, that looks NICE!

I love ya'll too... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by charles06
Yes. They are one of the best mods I've done to the truck. Word of advice, get them Rhyno Lined before you install them. They are very slippery when wet.

I will heed that advice. My wife is klutzy enough...lol.

2010_5thgen 12-15-2011 02:54 PM

wow! that looks sick! nicely done.

PaHumBug 12-15-2011 08:35 PM

Looks AWESOME! Then add in the deisel conversion... got to be the baddest H2 around. Well done!

Can you give a run down of what suspension, wheel (and offset), and tire combo you have there? I'm sure I could find it somewhere else but it would be nice to have on this thread.

MVR 155 12-15-2011 09:43 PM

Mark..... I am interested in your steps if you want to sell them, I actually only need 2 but I can understand if you dont want to seperate them. Let me know. Thanks man!!

Mike

MVR 155 12-15-2011 09:43 PM

Oh and by the way...... Truck looks friggin bad ass!!!!

OrangeCrush 12-15-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaHumBug
Looks AWESOME! Then add in the deisel conversion... got to be the baddest H2 around. Well done!

Can you give a run down of what suspension, wheel (and offset), and tire combo you have there? I'm sure I could find it somewhere else but it would be nice to have on this thread.

Simple really...

Rancho lift, torsion keys, (though not necc, I'm running the HD2500 torsion bars), 20x12 wheel. (-44), Toyo Open Country 40x15.5-20

HTH's,

Mark

charles06 12-16-2011 02:26 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some crappy pictures of the LED's my shop installed for my steps and under the tonneau cover. The lights for the steps go on/off as the steps drop/raise. The lights under the tonneau go on/off as the tailgate is opened/closed. BTW, the steps are Line-X'ed, not Rhyno Lined...if it matters.

AND I ordered my 40's today! Getting Fuel Hostage 22x11's with TOYO 40x15.5x22. Also, Superchips is gonna build me a custom tune to get everything working accurately, and I'm also planning on getting the trans rebuilt. Wish me luck.

OrangeCrush 12-16-2011 03:05 AM

One suggestion Charles.... you may want to consider 20’s, not 22’s.

I say that because in order to lift the H2, you’ll need the extra help from the torsion keys. That will make the ride a tad rougher (mine’s probably even more stiff because I used the HD2500 torsion bars).

Point is, the extra 2” of rubber sidewall REALLY help the ride.

No dis, just a suggestion... I love the ride I have with mine.

BTW... LOVE the lights... that’s a terrific idea.

Mark

Quote:

Originally Posted by charles06
Here are some crappy pictures of the LED's my shop installed for my steps and under the tonneau cover. The lights for the steps go on/off as the steps drop/raise. The lights under the tonneau go on/off as the tailgate is opened/closed. BTW, the steps are Line-X'ed, not Rhyno Lined...if it matters.

AND I ordered my 40's today! Getting Fuel Hostage 22x11's with TOYO 40x15.5x22. Also, Superchips is gonna build me a custom tune to get everything working accurately, and I'm also planning on getting the trans rebuilt. Wish me luck.

charles06 12-16-2011 03:26 AM

Thanks, but I've been driving on 20's with 38" TOYO's for about 4 years now, and it's been fine. So I figure by going with 22's and 40's, the ratio will be the same. Hopefully, I don't have to crank my bars too much. I'd rather trim before I do that.

And besides, I don't drive the truck as much as my other car.

cashville 12-16-2011 03:30 AM

Great work with the lights Charles.

When you have your truck with the 40"s don't forget to post pictures! :jump:

slippy 12-17-2011 05:24 PM

Congrats!

I think your obligated to take a pic of it next to your minnie.