Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gobi rack finally showed up (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42786)

Egan 08-02-2012 02:37 PM

Gobi rack finally showed up

After what seemed like forever, my Gobi SUT rack arrived Tuesday and I promptly set about installing it. I had also found a bed rack on ebay for a steal and Gobi sold me the proper non-tonneau mounts and shipped them with my roof rack. The racks turned out great and will be a huge help on my camping trip next week. The only downside is that they did not ship my sunroof insert or the 2nd toolbox I ordered (and paid for!). Getting answers on that has been... challenging.

The roof rack after getting through the packaging. It was packaged well, but still had two huge holes in the box, but fortunately the holes were over the sunroof opening so there was no damage.

And all of the parts. Gobi packages the hardware very well, making it easy to find what you need for each stage of the installation. The instructions are excellent as well.

Egan 08-02-2012 02:39 PM

Re: Gobi rack finally showed up

Brackets installed:

My wife helped me get the rack on the roof (not light). I used furniture blankets on the roof and sides of the bed to move it up in stages.

Brackets for the bed rack. The bed rack instructions only cover the tonneau mounting so it's a good thing I did the roof rack first sicne this ended up being identical.

Egan 08-02-2012 02:40 PM

Final products:

I thought I had a good side shot too, but I'll have to take one tonight and amend this post.

guruerror 08-02-2012 04:32 PM

Looks great. I like those little bed racks. I put my Gobi on last week, I was very impressed with how well they're made. I've had some off-brand racks in the past; Gobi really shows them up.

pdxrealtor 08-03-2012 08:04 PM

Love the bed rack. Nice touch!

LoJac963 08-04-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guruerror
Looks great. I like those little bed racks. I put my Gobi on last week, I was very impressed with how well they're made. I've had some off-brand racks in the past; Gobi really shows them up.

agreed, mine also had a good size hole in the box but the rack itself was pristine. If most companies packaged stuff like Gobi there would never be shipping damages!

Egan 08-14-2012 03:28 AM

I put both racks to good use on our camping trip this past weekend:

pdxrealtor 08-14-2012 04:49 AM

Nice. I like the spider web tie down option made possible with the Gobi style rack.