Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Limb Riser (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42936)

guruerror 10-03-2012 01:57 AM

Limb Riser

I know some of you are running limb risers on their H2s

Post up some pics...I'm working on a custom setup, but could use some additional ideas.

[__--MUD--__] 10-03-2012 03:49 AM

Re: Limb Riser

I'm putting some on mine...long list. Look for the mackinaw island summer hummer trip threads. Bunch of guys had them, a lot of pics. They might be on one of the other sites, local section, great lakes/Midwest/Michigan.

KT2T 10-03-2012 09:40 PM

Here is a pic of mine. They have a stainless carabiner at the top end that feeds through a hole in the aluminum angle running along the roof crossbars. At the lower end, there is another stainless carabiner that runs through one eye of a turnbuckle. The other eye of the turnbuckle is attached via stainless carabiner to a u-bolt that's attached to the brushguard. When not in use, I loosen the turnbuckle, detach from top then bottom, roll 'em up and store in the front door pockets.

The aluminum rails up top are 1.25" x 1.25" x .25" and work great for taking the limbs off of the risers and letting them ride all the way to the back above the crossbars. They also work great as anchors for tying stuff to the roof and handles to grab when standing on the steps.

guruerror 10-05-2012 02:37 AM

Interesting idea KT2T...

I'm working on fabbing some brackets that will attach to the roof rails and protrude past the windshield. Once I get them cut and powder coated I'll post up some pics.

NJ H2 10-06-2012 10:23 AM

I attached the Limb risers from the SS GOBI Stealth rack to my SS Manik Brush Guard/Push Bar. A picture is worth 1000 words so here is 3000 words! :D

NJ H2 10-06-2012 10:23 AM

NJ H2 10-06-2012 10:25 AM

guruerror 10-13-2012 10:22 PM

Thanks to everyone who posted up pics...

I just finished mine this afternoon...my emphasis was on 'tool-free, quick connect/disconnect.' I found these wonderful little things at Home Depot in the plumbing section called 'clevis hangers' (used to hang pipe from the ceiling) that give you an excellent quick connect to the brush-guard.

Since my rack is 'ultra-stealth' and sets back further than some, I couldn't use the rack as a roof-mounting point, so I had some roof rail brackets fabbed out of 1/4" steel plates which I proceeded to mod until they fit my needs. Here's the pics!

Dimension of the brackets:

Put a little bend on the end:

A little paint, padding, and a spacer:

Mounted:

That wonderful 'clevis hanger' that I mentioned earlier:

Turnbuckle setup:

Roof bracket connection:

Finished product:

When not in use, the brackets can be loosened and slid back so the arms do not extend so far out from the windshield.

Again, thanks to everyone who posted up pics and ideas!

PaHumBug 10-15-2012 04:14 PM

Looks great man!

HUFFADDER 11-19-2012 01:11 AM

PM sent to you Guruerror.

guruerror 11-19-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUFFADDER
PM sent to you Guruerror.

None received...

wasp1971 11-19-2012 02:00 AM

Not to sound ignorant but what is the purpose of the cables running from the rack to the brush guard?

guruerror 11-19-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasp1971
Not to sound ignorant but what is the purpose of the cables running from the rack to the brush guard?

Basically, to lift limbs and branches up over the truck without having them smack into the windshield.

HUFFADDER 11-19-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guruerror
None received...

Tried again...Lol

NJ H2 11-21-2012 07:56 AM

Super Heavy Duty Limb Risers ... more like "Tree Risers"!! :clapping:

guruerror 11-21-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ H2
Super Heavy Duty Limb Risers ... more like "Tree Risers"!! :clapping:

LOL! I'll have to take another pic of how they turned out...I found the same style clevis hanger in stainless steel and replaced the bolt and wing nut with a yellow zinc lock pin.

Gonna test them out at Rausch Creek, PA the first weekend in Dec... :excited: