Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   For those who have IPCW front turn signals... (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44781)

RJ3607 07-12-2014 05:54 PM

For those who have IPCW front turn signals...

Looking at getting a set of the IPCW front corner lights (turn signals). I have a couple questions though:

1. Are the LED's very bright in the day time? A lumen rating would be great.
2. When the parking lights are on, do they function as ON-OFF-ON-OFF? (Type 2 LED) Or do they remain as DIM-BRIGHT-DIM-BRIGHT? (Type 1 LED)

I can't find a video of them operating anywhere!

LoJac963 07-13-2014 12:16 AM

Re: For those who have IPCW front turn signals...

They are extremely bright, no lumen rating but blows away the stock bulb/lens setup.

Yes they are on/off/dim depending on that the light scenario is. I can try and upload a vid of them tomorrow evening if you'd like to see.

RJ3607 07-13-2014 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoJac963
They are extremely bright, no lumen rating but blows away the stock bulb/lens setup.

Yes they are on/off/dim depending on that the light scenario is. I can try and upload a vid of them tomorrow evening if you'd like to see.

I'd love to see them on video LoJac963. I recall before I bought my H2 a couple weeks ago checking out your build thread and loved it, btw.

Could you also take a video of the turning signal activated while the parking lights are on? There isn't a single video of these on the internet from my research.

Thanks!

LoJac963 07-13-2014 11:50 PM

Sure no problem. I hear ya, I had the same issue with the rear tails when I bought those. Not a single vid which was highly annoying. Once it starts to get a little dark I'll take a quick video.

RJ3607 07-14-2014 02:42 AM

Quote:

Sure no problem. I hear ya, I had the same issue with the rear tails when I bought those. Not a single vid which was highly annoying. Once it starts to get a little dark I'll take a quick video.

Sounds good man! A video of the tails would be nice too!

LoJac963 07-14-2014 07:04 AM

Font LED's

LoJac963 07-14-2014 07:05 AM

For some reason the tails blink opposite of the lower bumper lights. I almost like it as it draws attention that my brakes are one since people in AZ love to rear end you.

The tails are insanely bright though, they light up street signs when the brakes are on about an 1/8th of a mile away if not more. I love them.

RJ3607 07-14-2014 01:38 PM

Thanks for the video! Did you have to install load resistors for the front LED's?

Also, the blinking on your rears may be due to backwards wiring. Im just taking a guess here, but that could be it.

LoJac963 07-14-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ3607
Thanks for the video! Did you have to install load resistors for the front LED's?

Also, the blinking on your rears may be due to backwards wiring. Im just taking a guess here, but that could be it.

No load resistors, I was surprised I wouldn't need either resistors or an LED flasher relay when I installed both the front and rear LEDs.

I have gone through the wiring like a mad man. Testing circuits, tracing wiring, etc to try and find the reason why they do that and I'm stumped. It is something to do with the board within the tail light. I've even tried jumping different contacts from the bulb sockets to the tail lights. Then I can get them to somewhat work correctly but all the functions arent' there. It is highly annoying.

RJ3607 07-15-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

No load resistors, I was surprised I wouldn't need either resistors or an LED flasher relay when I installed both the front and rear LEDs.

I have gone through the wiring like a mad man. Testing circuits, tracing wiring, etc to try and find the reason why they do that and I'm stumped. It is something to do with the board within the tail light. I've even tried jumping different contacts from the bulb sockets to the tail lights. Then I can get them to somewhat work correctly but all the functions arent' there. It is highly annoying.

Surprising that no resistors are needed. They must have them built in!

I would probably look at the bumper bulb and see if it had 3 different wires, and cut the turn signal wire. This way, it still comes on with the parking lights, but doesn't blink while turning. Im a bit anal though!

LoJac963 07-15-2014 03:13 PM

The tails do come with "resistor boxes" but they say not to install them for my year. I didn't install them and my flasher indicators in my cluster would stay dimly lit which annoyed the living hell out of me. I popped the resistor boxes in and it took that away.

I had thought about doing that, having only the bumper lights as brake lights but my OCD wouldn't allow me to do that lol. I would love to figure out why they blink in unison with the side markers (opposite of the lower bumper lights) and try to fix them but I'd probably end up destroying the lights in the process.