Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Katemcy Rocks - Hewlit Hummer Happening (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576)

Detonate 05-24-2004 12:50 AM

Well it was another great day at Katemcy Rocks. They don't call it Mini-MOAB for nothing. It's just acres and acres of wheelable slick rock.

My normal "photo bitch" wasn't able to come this weekend, so I was forced to bring my wife. While she is actually very fun to hang around with, she doesn't enjoy being forced to run up and down the trail juggling video and still camera's. So all I ended up with was a few shots of my H2.

I had a great time as usual, and was finally able to get into some pretty nasty rock with my H2. One thing that is great about rock, is that you can do stuff that is very amazing looking, stuff that you would never be able to pull out at Gilmer, where traction is hard to come by. Out here traction is the least of your worries.

The rock is very hard, and makes for an extremely bumpy ride up the trail that will beat you to death, even in the otherwise comfortable H2.

At any rate, here are the handful of shots. Nothing all that memorable picture wise, but this was by far the best trip to Katemcy yet. No video either.

Well it was another great day at Katemcy Rocks. They don't call it Mini-MOAB for nothing. It's just acres and acres of wheelable slick rock.

My normal "photo bitch" wasn't able to come this weekend, so I was forced to bring my wife. While she is actually very fun to hang around with, she doesn't enjoy being forced to run up and down the trail juggling video and still camera's. So all I ended up with was a few shots of my H2.

I had a great time as usual, and was finally able to get into some pretty nasty rock with my H2. One thing that is great about rock, is that you can do stuff that is very amazing looking, stuff that you would never be able to pull out at Gilmer, where traction is hard to come by. Out here traction is the least of your worries.

The rock is very hard, and makes for an extremely bumpy ride up the trail that will beat you to death, even in the otherwise comfortable H2.

At any rate, here are the handful of shots. Nothing all that memorable picture wise, but this was by far the best trip to Katemcy yet. No video either.

KenP 05-24-2004 01:59 AM

Jim, what is wired to your hood?

Also, have you checked your PM's lately?

DRTYFN 05-24-2004 03:19 AM

Those rocks look like lots of fun.

If I send you a case of black spray paint will you paint that front bumper?

Detonate 05-24-2004 11:16 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenP:
Jim, what is wired to your hood?

Also, have you checked your PM's lately? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is the remote for the winch. Winch was never needed out there, but I was supposed to be giving a Safety and Recovery gear clinic that day.

And, I've probably not checked my PM's.... I'll go do that.