Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   First NM Owners Gathering (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5856)

JJ 05-21-2003 02:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
just posting a few pics of the first Dealer Sponsored (Pitre Hummer)H2 Owners event. Our local dealer, Pitre, did a great job, providing music, food, a little wheeling. I estimated approx 22 H2s and 3 H1s were in attendance. It was great to finally meet some of the NM owners.

JJ

JJ 05-21-2003 02:28 AM

just posting a few pics of the first Dealer Sponsored (Pitre Hummer)H2 Owners event. Our local dealer, Pitre, did a great job, providing music, food, a little wheeling. I estimated approx 22 H2s and 3 H1s were in attendance. It was great to finally meet some of the NM owners.

JJ

JJ 05-21-2003 02:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
since this was the first outing and most of us were very inexperienced, the dealer took it easy on us. More of a get to know your vehicle outing,...the most challenging was the sandy hill climb or dash to the top. Those who didn't keep the gas pedal mashed never made it and none of the local suburbans, pickups, and a few of the jeeps made it at all

JJ 05-21-2003 02:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
a few of the crowd at the top of the hill

JJ 05-21-2003 02:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
last one, part of the convoy on the desert

bklynh2srock 05-21-2003 11:12 PM

Great pix, JJ! Now if only I could get Peter to move to NM, it looks beautiful.

One question. In the first photo, we can't figure out what the guy in the yellow H2 has below his grill. Do you know what it is?

Andy C 05-21-2003 11:19 PM

Looks like a boat prop and some anchor chain to me - an odd thing to have in the middle of the desert it has to be said - must be expecting flash floods or something.

Andy C 05-22-2003 12:41 AM

Somehow I do not think the Freddy Mercury look would last long in the desert of NM Phil - too many guns out there.

JJ 05-22-2003 01:42 AM

The owner of the yellow H2 is retired from the Army and has experience in welding. The chrome you seem to see is actually aluminum that he hand crafted. The entire interior is equipped with similar treatment and includes liberal mountings of 50 caliber shells (fabricated of course). This is an owner who takes great pride in his H2 and lives in the part of the state where he is the only owner within 50 miles - clearly he is the talk of the town. And he's a great guy to boot. I'm surprised nobody remarked about the running boards from his previous truck.

Andy C - you are correct he has a boat prop mounted in the front receiver and anchor chain front and back. He's named his H2 "Hum Bee".

PhilD - though the pictures don't do it justice that sandy sandy hill was quite steep and long. The vehicles needed a fair amount of momentum as well as traction. The approach prior to the hill was rather rutted and uneven. It appeared that some of the Jeeps (CJs) couldn't arrive at the bottom of the hill with enough speed to carry them to the top - the ruts threw them around. Whereas the H2s handled the ruts at a much higher speed, mash the pedal and go. Thus I wouldn't say the Jeeps were less capable only that the approach to the hill may have contributed to the less than expected performance.

JJ