Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   has anyone seen this before? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6298)

4churchill 03-07-2005 07:01 PM

any info on these bad-boys....

any info on these bad-boys....

KenP 03-07-2005 07:16 PM

They appear more for show. I don't see many places where they are attached.

DRTYFN 03-07-2005 07:16 PM

The only problem with that tubing is that, unlike a true exo-skeleton, it doesn't appear to have any anchor points other than front and rear. Rub up against something and it'll most likely be pushed into the H2's body panels.

4churchill 03-07-2005 07:18 PM

The brush guard is SMA, I wonder if they make the rails as well. If they could be made to actually serve a purpose, and work correctly, I think they would be a great product. I don't mind the look of them either.

KenP 03-07-2005 07:34 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Posted by ME:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted by DRTY:
The only problem with that tubing is that, unlike a true exo-skeleton, it doesn't appear to have any anchor points other than front and rear. Rub up against something and it'll most likely be pushed into the H2's body panels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Only the greatest of minds think alike. You're just a tad slower.

partsguy 03-07-2005 07:36 PM

May as well put NEON TUBeing there.

PARAGON 03-07-2005 07:49 PM

Ok, I have seen something like that before, once or twice. Each time it was on a über-redneck deliverance type pickup. About all it does is make the truck wider so that it is easier to bump into something.

Klaus 03-07-2005 07:56 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Each time it was on a über-redneck deliverance type pickup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This river don't go to Aintry. You done taken a wrong turn.

4churchill 03-07-2005 07:57 PM

I think I saw that guy yesterday in the town of Washington near Nevada City, CA.

RIC-H0 03-07-2005 08:19 PM

I think this guy is a kin to Raybo on Carpocalypse. He may be his Brother/Dad kinda thing!

Ric-H2

DRTYFN 03-07-2005 08:41 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Posted by ME:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted by DRTY:
The only problem with that tubing is that, unlike a true exo-skeleton, it doesn't appear to have any anchor points other than front and rear. Rub up against something and it'll most likely be pushed into the H2's body panels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Only the greatest of minds think alike. You're just a tad slower.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You only made an observation. I pointed out why it appears to be a piss poor design.

DRTYFN 03-07-2005 08:50 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RIC-H2:
I think this guy is a kin to Raybo on Carpocalypse. He may be his Brother/Dad kinda thing!

Ric-H2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or uncle/daddy. Or grand-pappy/daddy