Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The dabate rages on. (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7059)

XM DUDE 06-07-2005 06:37 PM

My wife wants to get a Tahoe or a 4 Runner and wants to wait 2to 3 years to see how reliable the H3 really is, I see her point, but why waste $$$$$ on a vehicle you really don't want.
How do I convince her the H3 is good vehicle, as I know it will be, as I know GM is putting alot more effert into the Hummer H3 as it can help save GM's ass if they can sell enough of them.

XM DUDE 06-07-2005 06:37 PM

My wife wants to get a Tahoe or a 4 Runner and wants to wait 2to 3 years to see how reliable the H3 really is, I see her point, but why waste $$$$$ on a vehicle you really don't want.
How do I convince her the H3 is good vehicle, as I know it will be, as I know GM is putting alot more effert into the Hummer H3 as it can help save GM's ass if they can sell enough of them.

Vincent 06-07-2005 06:46 PM

Take her to the Hummer dealer & have her drive the H3

HummerNewbie 06-07-2005 06:46 PM

Don't recall if you ever said, but has she driven one yet? If not, this could be the solution. Who will be driving it full time, you or your wife?

Vincent 06-07-2005 06:51 PM

Try being forceful. Maybe if you tell her that if you have to choose between her & the H3, she'll have to leave....lol

XM DUDE 06-07-2005 07:03 PM

No I love my wife and kids and leaving is never an option as I will be driving it all of the time, but she has alot to do with the choice as well, she says we wont have much time to go off roading.

Vincent 06-07-2005 07:07 PM

Well than, if leaving her for the H3 isn't an option, maybe when she see's it up close & drives it, she will fall in love with it. The warranty helps too! Get her in the dealership so she can express her concerns to the dealer if she is worried about problems with a new vehicle. I'm sure the salesperson will explain away all of her worries.

As a last resort though, you could offer to sleep in the garage with the H3....lol

XM DUDE 06-07-2005 07:19 PM

I could sleep in the Hummer, not a bad idea!

S2KtoH3 06-07-2005 08:16 PM

If she is concerned about powertrain reliability, just present her with information regarding the Colorado's reliability. That should be a good solid answer as to how reliable the H3 will be. Aside from that, according to JD Powers, Hummer is above the Industry average in regards to customer complaints about their vehicles. That should be a good sign as to how reliable the H3 will be.

Hummer Guy 06-07-2005 11:53 PM

Quote: "The warranty helps too!"

You could point out that the 4-runner's warranty will be up in those 3 years of waiting, where Hummer's would be going strong for another year after that! And on S2K's comment about JD power, they were above Jeep by 6 spots -- AND Jeep was below industry standards, and Hummer was above! Check out "Hummer Quality Soars" on my site...and good luck!

HUMMER H3 4 ME 06-08-2005 01:24 AM

XM DUDE, My parents joke if we get a HUMMER then I would sleep in it(probably will) because I am so obsessed.

XM DUDE 06-08-2005 01:50 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMER H3 4 ME:
XM DUDE, My parents joke if we get a HUMMER then I would sleep in it(probably will) because I am so obsessed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That woulden't be so bad, and I woulden't seriously consider a Jeep as now the H3 is here and rockcrawls in comfort!

usetosellhummer 06-08-2005 10:21 AM

I wouldn't worry, with the 4 yr. war. vs the 3 year with other Gm products your coverd well. the H3 was tested and built with exsisting GM parts and powerplant.

XM DUDE 06-08-2005 12:29 PM

She worrys that GM may go under and there will be no support for GM producs.

XM DUDE 06-08-2005 02:06 PM

I agree it would be like what happend to Jeep as it got bought.

XM DUDE 06-09-2005 02:40 PM

well we will get an H3 as soon as we save up cash, I think I will gat the lux package with the off road package or wait and see what the Alpha package will offer.