Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Changing Instrument Cluster (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7093)

MountainH2 04-24-2003 05:58 PM

Hey everyone, just bought my H2 2 weeks ago and I'm already starting the mods.
I had a Tahoe before the H2 and I changed out my instrument cluster to the Escalade cluster. It's really popular with the GM Trucks.
Has anyone looked into changing up their cluster? Are there any options?
I have the Lux package and I figured it would be nice if I could go with a Lux cluster instead of the white face.
Any ideas?

MountainH2 04-24-2003 05:58 PM

I had a Tahoe before the H2 and I changed out my instrument cluster to the Escalade cluster. It's really popular with the GM Trucks.
Has anyone looked into changing up their cluster? Are there any options?
I have the Lux package and I figured it would be nice if I could go with a Lux cluster instead of the white face.
Any ideas?

CKB-H2 04-24-2003 07:00 PM

I would be interested in the "fluorescent" type like in Lexus and others. I imagine they would be expensive though.

03 H2 Black Lux, Roof, Air Susp. Delivered 3-24-03!

00 C5 Silver 1SC MN6

MountainH2 04-25-2003 10:34 AM

Just thought I'd pass on my findings. I did some searching on the net yesterday and found a place that carries an Escalade cluster upgrade for our H2's. JP Customs
They also have a few other cool things for the H2's.
I'll let you know how the upgrade goes. I'm going to order it today and have it overnighted for the weekend (so I can have something to play with).

TheGoodHummerMan 04-25-2003 03:13 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MountainH2:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My H2 is only just ONE week old today (we just had its party) and I am ready to begin thinking about mods...

How does the Escalade cluster differ from the stock H2 cluster?

Thanks! Ed

MAC 04-28-2003 05:13 AM

Why would you want to put the common Escalade instrument cluster into an exclusive Hummer? I can understand it if you want Cadillac guages for Chevy, if you cannot have a Cadillac, at least you have the guages. But I would think a Hummer is far more prestigous than a Cadillac, new 03 Escalade can be had for $10000 less than H2 plus 0% for 60 months, not to mention Escalade is everywhere, too many.

The Escallade guages look exactly same as Hummer, except maybe the face colors are different, no better and no worse, exactly same. No one will notice it except yourself. You cannot call it "Escalade cluster upgrade for our H2's", at best it is an even trade. Stick 4 $100 bills on the instrument cluster, I think that will look far better than Escalade guages, saves work too.

MountainH2 04-28-2003 10:29 AM

Just did the cluster swap this weekend and I really like it. It was an easy swap and totally plug n play.
The Escalade cluster does not look exactly like the H2. The H2 is white and the Escalade is black with an aluminum ring around the tach and speedo. see for yourself
I want to change up the cluster because all H2's are the same and I want mine a little different. I see H2's everyday. Around my area there are just as many H2's as there are Escalades.
I'm going for a more luxury look and the white face on the stock cluster is more sporty than luxury.

MAC 04-28-2003 02:01 PM

Mountain, I myself have thought about and searched for a different instrument cluster, not for "upgrade", but for the same reason you have, trying to be different. I have yet to find anything good or interesting enough for me, and after 6 months of owning Hummer, I am settling down, got used to and comfortable my Hummer, got busy with other things in life and forgot about any modification.

JSA_3 04-28-2003 03:01 PM

Mountain,
I just picked mine up from the shop, and had them alter mine a bit...

Check the photos at....
http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=2606011751&m=551604050 3

John
JSA_3 (west texas white)

MountainH2 04-28-2003 03:43 PM

JSA_3, that looks awesome. I really like all the white accents.
It really looks good.

It's just that, I just want a different look. I'm not saying the stock cluster is bad, I just want to make mine a little bit different than the next.
This is only the beginning. Expect a lot more mods in the future.

JSA_3 04-28-2003 04:34 PM

Thanks,

It's good to know if I get tired of the white - - - I could always swap it out.

I'm curious to see some shots of your swap if you ever get a chance.

John
JSA_3 (west texas white)

MountainH2 04-29-2003 11:14 AM

I'll get some pictures up soon as soon as my digital dries out. My wife took the digital camera for a swim and it hasn't worked right ever since. I can't imagine why!