Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   TPM message AGAIN (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8583)

dchou1107 08-03-2005 02:54 PM

Last week I took my car to the dealer because the SERV TPM message came up. It was due to low tire pressure and the dealer supposedly made the adjustment. I drove the car home after work and the message appeared. I then took it to a gas station to check on my tire pressure. It was at 33PSI and I decided to pump it up to 40PSI since the max load is 44PSI. The TPM message disappeared for a few days. Now it is back again. THe message that comes on when i flicker the light four times is low tire. Can this be due to a broken sensor. please advise

dchou1107 08-03-2005 02:54 PM

Last week I took my car to the dealer because the SERV TPM message came up. It was due to low tire pressure and the dealer supposedly made the adjustment. I drove the car home after work and the message appeared. I then took it to a gas station to check on my tire pressure. It was at 33PSI and I decided to pump it up to 40PSI since the max load is 44PSI. The TPM message disappeared for a few days. Now it is back again. THe message that comes on when i flicker the light four times is low tire. Can this be due to a broken sensor. please advise

H3Lady 08-03-2005 04:56 PM

Maybe a defective sensor. Have the dealer do a reset on them at 30psi

H3 Hummer 08-03-2005 06:53 PM

If your tire pressure what 33 right after you drove your car (or when the tires were hot) they may have been a little low (when they were cold). But I think that you may be right that it is faulty. No one else seems to be posting information about this issue and most people will have a range of 30 - 35 PSI (hot or cold).

f5fstop 08-03-2005 11:48 PM

What information do you need?
Are you receiving the check tire pressure or the service tire monitor message? If your tire pressures are above approx. 25-26 psi, at the time the message is displayed, it is most likely a sensor malfunction.
If you are getting the service tire monitor message, the system has determined there is a problem with or between the PCM, BCM, IPC and remote door lock actuator module (the module that receives the signals from the sensors).
The sensors are rolls switches that close from centrifugal force caused by the rolling wheel. So, with the wheel rolling, they send a signal every 60 seconds. If the vehicle is stationary for a specified period of time, the switches open, and then they will only send a signal every 60 minutes to conserve the sensors batteries.

Hummer3 08-04-2005 12:00 AM

What did you say?

dchou1107 08-04-2005 12:43 AM

I am receiving the SERV TPM message. It comes and goes. I recently installed an aftermarket indash TV/DVD player. Does that have an effect??

f5fstop 08-04-2005 09:10 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchou1107:
I am receiving the SERV TPM message. It comes and goes. I recently installed an aftermarket indash TV/DVD player. Does that have an effect?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should have no affect if installed correctly.

H3Lady 08-04-2005 09:30 AM

David, In the manual it shows you how you can reset them yourself. We did it.
it is easy...it starts of with ignition on and turning the exterior lights from auto to on 4 time within 3 seconds, It is all in the manual.

dchou1107 08-04-2005 10:39 AM

i did perforn the reset by turning my lights on 4 times