View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 04:22 AM
Hummer Professional

Mark805 is off the scale

Hi all... I just went to Car Toys today and had them hook me up with the Pioneer AVIC-D1 system. My old system was the 6 disk with monsoon.

OK.. They took all day to do the install and when I got there they tried out OnStar and it about blew out the installers ears so he had to do some tweeking. He pulls it around front and lets me know they are done. So off I go with the sales guy who is gonna show me how to make it all work...

I get in and start my car... Turn on th radio and all looks good... Then I hit the onstar button and bam.. lots of engine noise feedback over the speakers AND the Nav system shuts off. Once I hang up Onstar the nav turns back on.

OK.. I dont know much about car electronics so I wont even pretend. I know this is not how it should work and the sales guy had the nerve to ask," How much do you use the phone anyways?". Seeing that just made my head turn an unnatural shade of red/purple he said he'd talk to the installer.

So he comes back and says he'll get in touch with me in a few days with a solution. So I am driving home and a friend calls in on the hummer and to my joy.. the phone rings over the speakers but turns off the nav unit.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what I can tell these guys when I go back in tomorrow that can fix the problem? If not I am gonna have them put my old system back in.

Installed was the AVIC-D1, Pioneer XM tuner, Ipod adaptor and OS2-Bose adaptor for the Onstar.

Dear GM: PLEASE SELL ME AN HX