View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

TheGoodHummerMan is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
"To lend you money to buy a supercharger will be like giving money to the homeless man to buy drug." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mac,

Now that Greenspan has dropped interest rates AGAIN, I figure that is a sign from above that it's time to get that supercharger...

Oh please, oh please, oh please reconsider that loan? I need a supercharger really bad, man! I think I might be suffering from withdrawal (of power).

Don't you dare call me "wasteful, inexperienced, young and stupid"! I am NOT ALL THAT YOUNG ANYMORE!!!

Heck, Mac, I feel bad now, since you explained everything for me --- all I have to say is thanks for calling me cheap... I think? Cheap doesn't seem like a very complimentary comment by "my" standards. But since you intended it to be a compliment, I'll say thanks. Shucks, I'll bet you're really cheap too!

As you accurately pointed out, I have a ways to go before I really begin to get a good feel for the H2, while you and many others here have had a considerably longer time to get to know yours... Which is exactly why this forum is so great. Literally, y'all are sharing your experiences with everyone else. Good and bad, rear end collisions included...

Seriously, I believe that people can legitimately decide that for themselves a supercharger would be a ridiculous and unneccesary modification. In your case, if you decide this, how could anyone say you're wrong? Everybody brings their own unique situation and requirements. But I really don't understand anyone who would call a supercharger a fraud. Sure, the coke-can, super-swirlling, Tornado deals are a scam and selling them seems bogus to me. But, a "real" supercharger is a supercharger. Where does the fraud come in? The power gains are real and measureable. Whether or not it is necessary to supercharge the Hummer is debateable... But, fraud? Nahhhh. This is of course, just my opinion, and since I seem to change my opinion about my need for a supercharger as often as I change my socks, I might disagree with MYSELF by tomorrow.

I plan on getting that supercharger, but not to prove anything. Hopefully it will IMPROVE something.

Ed

Putting everything into perspective is the hard part...