View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:03 AM

Modley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by partsguy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
Six or seven in one dealership is one thing I have a hard time believing.
So, you are saying they are getting a bare cylinder head and they have to lap the valves to the head. However, if GM wanted this back for inspection, they would require the entire head with the valves, and which time they would send out another full head assembly. (Partsguy might jump in and straighten me out, just in case they don't offer a full head assembly; I will check tomorrow just out of curiosity).
If the tech who is working on the engine cannot lap the valves to the cylinder head, then you have a right to be worried. Installing the valves, keepers, springs, etc. are very easy, and the dealer has all the right tools in their tool kit. (Special tools they paid for from Kent-Moore.)
Would hope they are not out muddin' but for a dealer to make these statements make me think the dealer is full of poopie (that's a politically correct word for **** ).
As for miles on vehicles and repairs, you appear to have been very lucky over the years.
In the past ten years, I have had the following experiences with cars:
1995 SSEi - Updated Calibration
1996 SSEi - Nothing
1997 Jeep - Exhaust manifold, ignition coil, cylinder head, timing chain, all withing 12K, then nothing for another 20+K. Guess the dealer finally got it right.
1998 SSEi - Recalibration and new floor mats
1998 Cadillac Caterra - Nothing big, but in one year, 14 trips (half towed) to the dealer
1999 Corvette - Nothing until I took it apart and modified it, which I'm still doing.
1999 GTP - Nothing
2001 GTP - Head up display replaced
2003 Corvette - Three trips to dealer (one was for a broken ignition key ring attachment)
2003 Jeep Wrangler - Spark plug, exhaust manifold.

I guess what I'm saying is that some cars break, some don't.

Yes, we do defend the H3, but look at this logically. Your first post is full of ambiguous and far fetech statements, and again, your last sentence makes you appear to be a troll.
I understand there are people out there who actually believe what a service person says, but for many of us, we believe half of what they say and ignore the other half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_RED">Don't involve me(even if you are correct .Loaded heads would be the cheapest way for GM to go.Why would they pay the labor rate to assemble said bare heads.I think this person has been BS"d by a service person who made somthing up to make up for time spent in the service dept.[COLOR:RED]Someone forgot to order some[COLOR:RED]thing or did't know what was wrong to begin with.If your full of it shame on ya!! If not I"m sorry but,You need to talk with the service Mgr.</span> [/color][/color] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand. Maybe I am being BS'd by the dealer. The next dealer is 220 miles away so I kinda have to go by what they are telling me.

I'm assuming F5 has the ability to look it up. So we will see.