Thread: Roof Rack Pics
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 08:09 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

I'm sure you may be correct.. I just arrest them.. don't make the rules... Just wanted say that in this crazy world of law suits and media.. any thing can happen... Don't thinit is right... just believe very possible.

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FrgMstr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centerfire:
I don't know about that in todays enviroment.. In the knife industry. Spyderco patient the hole in the blade to open the knife.. Everyone who uses a hole in the blade has to pay them a royalty.. Just ask Benchmade Knife CO.

So Gobi may be able to patient a rectangle.

Mike
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well actually what Spyderco patented most likely is what is classified as a utility patent. So they did not really patent the circle, but rather the use of their hole being positioned in the blade to make a folding knife that was "better/easier" to open.

Being that rectangles have been used for roof racks for quite some time, I don't see anyone getting a patent on such an idea. I am pretty sure I have seen some stage coaches on Bonanza with them... After an usage that would be covered by a utility patent is one the market unprotected for a full year, it is fair game for anyone to utilize for commercial sale.

I know that is probably more than anyone wanted to know, but I felt compelled to share.

My job: http://www.HardOCP.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>