View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 04:28 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I have grill lamps, no roof lamps, and no sunroof.

Factory grill lamps switch is on the driver side of the roof console vertical edge, 20.25" from the front of the console(windshield). The factory switch is 1"x1" square with a round switch inside. Not a good location for fast on or off action when a vehicle suddenly shows up on a twisty road, also not an easy installation location. I would think the best spot is near the steering wheel, i.e., near your hands.

Steve was correct when he thought about accidentally left the off-road lamps on, which I did many times, often have to walked back to the Hummer to turn them off, once after one hour. This will happen to you too. In fact, I no longer use these lamps mainly due to this reason.

I have changed head lamps and DRLs to white-light bulbs, consequently, the stock off-road lamps's traditional yellow light seem quite anitiquated. I have not been able to open the lamps to see what type of bulbs are inside so I can change them to white-light bulbs. Can someone please kindly give me some direction on how to open the off-road lamps? JCJ was asking about it too but got no answer.