Thread: Jeeps are junk?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

I've got nothing against Jeeps and I love wheeling with their owners. I think the Rubi has great offroad DNA and makes an incredibly capable platform but stock vs. stock it will not walk away from an H2. (assuming both have capable drivers)

Offroad: Yes, the front locker helps, the solid axle is a wash since it doesn't articulate well in stock form (obviously the capability is there though with additional suspension mods). 31 inch tires are weak.

The other 95% of the time: You're left with some big short comings. Where do you put the family? Gear, coolers, camping? How do I tow my boat? How do I take out clients in a 2 door? I'm 6'4", It feels like driving a go-cart.

The H2 just works better for me Overall!

If all you want is offroad performance, get a trail rig. For 6K you can get a baddass old Yota (I like 85 4Runners -last year of Solid axle, first year of fuel injection), CJ, K5 etc that will make the H2 and Rubicon look plain silly ofroad.

We can and do "get along". Come wheel with us. Bring your G500 or feel free to ride along with me. I'll show what an H2 is capable of.
Attached Images