View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 12:12 PM

unaslob is off the scale

an intersting BTW... on train horns.. if you are going to install a REAL train horn, as in one that came off a train, depending on the horn, that is a FEDERAL offense, and it carries a 10,000 dollar fine!! I know, b/c I had to look into it.
I bought a Nathan K-5-H, very large, very loud 5 chime horn, it accepts a 1/2 pipe for air. I purchased a 135PSI 25 gallon aircompressor for it. ran a 12 foot 1/2 inch pipe to it with a ball valve at the compressor end... now the horn can operate to 140PSI, with custom ear plugs and noise canceling flight headset... I can still only get it upto about 100PSI without being physically hurt. it is incredible.. it can be heard over 5 miles away!!! there are a number of companies that make 'train horns' but they are not off of a locomotive or ever intended for one.

I am current working on a remote controlled servo to turn the thing off and on so I can better appreciate it from a distance
unaslob
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX