View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 07:02 PM

argonaut is off the scale

I was downtown the other day sitting at an outdoor pub enjoying a beer with my Orange H2 right nearby. This orange Honda element (very very similar color, mind you) comes to the stop sign and there are these two Hippie looking guys sitting in it with long hair and the ratty clothes with their window down. I can hear them say, "Wow, our truck is the same color as that Hummer. I told you we could get a Hummer look alike that's better for the environment." The other guy said something along the lines of, "I bet that guy will be pissed if he sees he could have saved money and got the same thing." I just couldn't stop laughing. Firstly, the element isn't a truck. It is low to the ground and built on a civic platform. secondly, it looks nothing like an H2, other than being boxy. Honestly, it tried to do the being beautiful by being ugly thing that the H2 did perfectly, but the Element failed. the sad thing though is that the Element's orange is almost indistinguishable from my Hummer's in sunlight. Sad...

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5