View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I am pretty open minded about these sort of things. I have known too many gays as friends, employees and consultants in the past years, they are no different than anybody else, if not nicer people. I was dead set against gay marriage, but last night when watching TV news, my wife and I talked about it briefly, in the end I decided it really doesn't matter to me, it is their business. I don't agree with it, don't touch me and my children, I don't think it is normal, but they deserve their freedom to choose.

I have a cousin who is a tough well known corp lawyer, volunteered 3 tours in Vietnam, requested out of HQ legal desk job for combat duties. Married with children and divorced. Few years ago he showed up with his boyfriend/partner in a family funeral and came out of the closet. I also personally knew several cases like that, left the wives and kids and turned gay or came out gay.

I remembered someone here proudly said he does not read any newspaper nor watch TV news. I cannot imagine that, how can anyone be ignorant and survive and proud of it? My daily morning pleasure is to have a cup of coffee, a smoke and read the entire newspaper.