View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
How come there's not attorney hunting season?
I know this goes against popular thinking, but I don't blame the attorneys, I blame the juries. If they didn't award people millions for spilling hot coffee and other stupid stuff, then the attorneys wouldn't be the vultures they have become. If the juries showed some common sense, then they would laugh most cases out of court.

It is the stupidity of the juries, we the people, that have created this problem, the attorneys are just the sharks feeding on our own stupidity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Phil, that's why a good attorney can hunt for the right venue to sue a company in. For instance, don't sue in VA Beach and try that crap. But go to Norfolk or Portsmouth, the next cities over, and you'll hit the lottery. You can check out "citydata" for the differences in the makeup of the cities.