View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I can tell you this. I really don't want to release his name because I don't want everyone calling him. He races professionally for Hummer and is the most knowledgeable h1 tech bar none. All of us Socal fanatics see him frequently at the service center for everything from oil changes to water valves you name it. He ALWAYS knows the problem. Furthermore, he is directly tied to AMG since he races and services for them. He is either in the shop working on them, racing them, or back in Indiana helping them. He also told me that if the MFG. knew a buyer was using swampers on their h1 they would not recommend it's use for that particular vehicle. As far as the ratings go I said rated for the h1 not necessarily its weight. I don't know enough about tires but he does. Basically, I really wouldn't argue the point of his credibility. He's the best and his words are gospel to me. As far as BFG's go, I obviously had them on my h2 and thought they were spectacular tires. I took those tires over rocks and loose sharp surfaces for 13 months and they did just great. My MTR's have gotten torn up in the rear but I think that's because I have used my rear locker when not necessary. So, if MTR's are not available when I need them I'll pick up the appropriate BFG.