View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hart1:
Your current viewpoint that I come across as "arrogant" is regrettable. I was being positive about the information I wanted to share, nothing more. And I now regret sharing it.

By "esoteric" I mean those principles which are above man-made ideas, and which can therefore change and uplift a receptive man or woman. As an example, I was trying to get James to look at this troublesome event in a new way; instead of battling the event, using facts to understand it. However, it seems most have rejected exploring this path (hence the word "esoteric").

If James' goal was to punish, then he has indeed done quite well. However, if his goal was to correct a mistake (opening one's mouth before one thinks, we are all condemned, then), then he has failed, miserably.Keeping employees "inline" (or anyone for that matter) with fear, will only get you so far.

What if there was a way to correct the problem and at the same time increase employee loyalty, without using fear? In fact, there is.

I am a Division Manager for a very affuent and respected City, with numerous staff under my direction, and I interact with the community often, so I do speak from experience.

"To be aware that we are unaware is an especially valuable from of awareness" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You should regret it. But I don't see it as arrogance. For me, for one to display arrogance, they would need to back up that display and you are quickly losing points in that game. You state, "I was trying to get James to look at this troublesome event in a new way; instead of battling the event, using facts to understand it." Frankly put, "battling" an event and "understanding" it does not mutually exclude each other. What is funny here is that you assume to "understand" the situation better than the person involved and purport to offer a better solution to something you have a minute amount of details about. What would possess someone to provide such direct opinion on something based solely on one simple post made in frustration? Others here have offered various opinions but not so much to say that he was just wrong. Your word of the day usage of "esoteric" belies the idea that you have some great human understanding that makes you qualified to offer opinion in matters such as this.