Thread: AC Recirc
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2002, 05:32 PM

Mike is off the scale

On my trip over the weekend to Hollister Hills, CA from Reno Nevada, I made an observation for those of you who have noticed the recirc mode to turn off automatically.

I did notice the recirc mode turning off over Donner Pass. The temperature outside the vehicle was colder than the inside and when it kicked off, however, when I got down to the Sacremento and the whether was much warmer outside, the recirc mode would stay on.

My observation is, if you are trying to cool the vehicle down lower than what it says on your rear view mirror..it will stay on. But, if it's warmer inside than what your rearview mirror is outside says it will shut off.

The ricirc mode stayed on the entire time as long as I long as I was trying to keep the setting below what the rearview mirror read. As soon as I set the setting to a setting higher than the what the rearview mirror said, it would turn off.

If this is the case, I do see a problem with it, we should be able to activate recirc anytime we want or need it to be on.