View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 03:54 PM

SOCAL XMER is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan:
This was posted on another forum, thought I'd pass it along:

_From automobile mag, not online yet.

GM expects to show a concept version of the H3 (the most likely name for the next Hummer model) at November's SEMA show. Company officials describe the concept as a near-production prototype. According to suppliers, the H3 will be based on the new mid-size-truck platform underpinning the new 2004 Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon trucks.

GM suppliers say the new mid-size SUV will come out in fall 2004 as a 2005 model. The initial version of the H3 will be a four-door SUV, although an H3 SUT is also rumored. Spy pics of early H3 prototypes show short overhangs, a tailgate-mounted spare, and of course, that imposing, seven-slot grille that so irks Jeep product planners and litigators.

The H3 will likely cost $30-$35k. "The price ladder at Hummer will go down," confirms a senior GM official, who adds that whatever product follows the H3 could be even less expensive. Such a vehicle could be called the H4 and be similar in size and mission to the Wrangler._

- Dan
If the H3 out performs Jeep off road, how ould that tarnish the Hummer name.
I think it's good that you have a High end Hummer and an affordable as well. I don't see myself buying a $100,000 Hummer. I am not happy with the direction and quality of Jeep and an affordable Hummer sounds great to me, it would replace my Retired Jeep Cherokee.
I think GM wants to give Jeep a run for its money not cheapen Hummer. The H1 will always be the ome we want to own, but I see myself in the future with 2 kids in collage, so just be=cause we all don't have 6 figure incomes should we be shut out from the world of Hummer?

-------------------------------------------
http://www.ezwebsales.com/H2/1black.jpg SUT on order since 12/02 - 10 months to go!
-------------------------------------------<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want an H3!
XM satellite radio,killing AM and FM one sub at a time!