View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 02:37 AM
Hummer Professional

nmikes is off the scale

I like it fine... its a life saver on a roadtrip. XM is great and all, but its nice to have access books and podcasts. I actually have the drive and play set up with the FM modulator... like I mentioned before, you have to have that antennae adaptor... since I didn't at the time I simply cut the fat plug off the end and spliced it to my antennae cable. Don't know how recommended that was but it works okay. Not great because here in the DC area, there is a station on just about every damn frequency... so under the Washington Memorial I do get a little background static, but by the time I'm out of DC the signal is crystal clear. I'll probably take it in to a pro shop and have them fix that eventually. But it has been functional for me... like I said, I'd go with the whole system, not just the modulator as you can change the frequency being transmitted nearly instantly to any fm frequency... That thing is going to be too buried to get to if you ever get into a different area and need to change the frequency... just my two cents... won't have time to post the pics until this weekend. I just picked up a Canon S2 and don't know a damn about how to operate it...