View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 04:08 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Phil, today I have some production setback in my business, we experienced 20% to 80% defects in the production of a series of new products, higher mold cost, delivery delays and unexpected technical difficulties on assembly lines in 3 locations, with a million pieces of rejected parts. Everything sort of jump up this afternoon. Younger days, I would get all excited, jump up and down, shouting on 3 lines at the same time, buy the tickets and fly out there with my team tonight. But today I just sat by the pool side and talked clamly to the managers 10,000 miles away. By the end of the day, there is no solution yet, but I have no doubt somehow everything will always work out fine, everybody will be happy and the project will be profitable. The difference is experience.

Getting back to Hummer. It takes a few months to get to know the Hummer's capabilities and shortcomings. I didn't have enough power, now I got more than enough power and I have no problem high or low speed. I used to back into other autos but no more. The head light was awful but there are great now and the solutions were cheap. It used to be huge but now it is just NORMAL. I don't need a programmer because I am the programmer, I am "as one" with my Hummer. Cruise downshifts seemed a little odd at first but now seem normal. I don't need supercharger because I can go as fast as I legally can any time and I do, as long as I am willing to pay for the gas. I used to worry about gas cost but no more because I accepted the price of Hummer joy.

I have no leak, no rust, no paint chips, no problem with cruise control or suspension or transmission, no rattle, no dirty look, trouble free turn key operation every happy day. I don't think I am the only one.

Life is never perfect, but you can make it perfect, it starts from your mind.