View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I will first off admit that I have limited knowledge on GPS and Onstar function. I am concerned because shortly I will be 4 wheeling in a designated park that has limited cellphone reception, but I am sure they have rescue plans and procedures.

Will someone please correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that the problem lies with the category of the Onstar call.

In the 911 tapes that Paragon intelligently posted, the Onstar rep said the button was pressed. But there was screaming heard and no attempt to speak to the rep. The airbags did not deploy then? Or did they deploy and place the call to Onstar? Maybe the airbags placed the call or signal and it was misinterpreted as a less emergent call if it was pressed. Then so the rep would have put a more emergent status which would demand further rescue attempt other than the rangers or police helping another vehicle in the area. The word Hummer was indicated on the tape however. Does anyone know about that? I am confusing myself.

I believe, as most of you do, that those in police and rescue are there for because they want to be and are very diligent and courageous people and I do not want to jump on them because it was a difficult situation.

And Hummers_Suck, the post is well taken but your forum name is needlessly negative.