View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 03:41 PM

brrrrrrrrr is off the scale

I'm certainly not here to try to argue with you on your own forum. After reading a few threads I got the idea that you folks don't understand why there is dislike for some of you and I am here to try to enlighten you.

BADRAP-
"I know that I speak for many when I say, that YES my H2 is an image, and it says alot about those that own them" ... To maority of the population all it really says is that you can afford a 50K vehicle. I'll address the image it portrays to the later on in this post...

Steve R-
I agree that most trail rig Jeeps couldn't race across the desert at 60Mph, but before you draw any conclusions you may want to check out some of the jeep speed guys. If I were to spend the price difference between my Jeep and your H2 I think I'd be able to keep up with no problems. Actually for the price of your H2 I could get 2 jeeps, leave one at home and still afford to nicely outfit the other for whatever beatings I want to give it. It really doesn't matter what wheels beter where, and saying your H2 will out wheel a jeep doesn't help your arguement. Whether it's true or not, it still cost at least 30k more than most Jeeps.

Dan-
"Sure, there are folks who are buying H2s for the image but to lump everyone into that crowd isnt right.

My objective opinion - the H2RT is a little much and gives the impression that its members are somewhat immature and hating. I realize its all in fun, but consider what the average person looking at it from the outside might think."

Think about that ... the average person. The average person can't afford to spend 50K on an H2 ... ot even the gas bill, so they assume that anyone that buys an H2 buys it for image, are wasteful & don't understand why you got an H2 not a suburban. I think most folks don't understand why a pickup truck, or a suburban can't do the same things for you utility wise. And I don't think the H2 puts off the image you folks think it does.... especially to the average person. Average people don't look at your H2 and think how cool you are. Average people think you are driving the biggest vehicle, with the worst gas mileage, taking up the most amout of parking space and trying to prove how successful you are by doing do. And yes, if you are using the biggest gas guzzler ever, as a daily driver, for driving yourself to work in these days of high arse gas prices, people are going to dislike you. I'm not trying to attack & it's nothing personal, thats just the way it is.

www.2bbdelta.org