View Single Post
Old 06-03-2003, 01:11 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I agree.

The thing about oil is that we don't really need to buy that much oil from Iraq, the mere fact that we can will make a big difference. The western oil companies have always been on the ground from the 1920-30s, but by choice they did not pump the Iraqi oil first was due to the depression, secondly for the very obvious reason of not to disrupt the world oil prices. Later on, we never really needed their oil.

I admired the big picture thinking the administration had by looking at the global scale of things and planned their moves many steps ahead, then carry out the plan step by step, it all started at 9/11. It is just my humble point of view that it all has a lot of do with 9/11, it was wake up call for the nation, and even for me about some of my personal life and goals. President W and his team has the courage to take the fight to the evil source, knowing he has to take the heat. The team was ready to take care the problem from the root of the problem, they expected and knew the hits they will have to take and willing to take the hits. I frankly have no idea what are the next steps, but I bet you it is all well planned and they are determined to execute the plan.

Little guys like us don’t make an important move without planning many steps ahead, as Peter said about chess, or playing cards or business projects, smart people in the administration and their outside teams don’t go fight a war without planning the whole thing out for the next 10 years. The wild card could be as Peter said, what if the American people are not convinced and we have a change of party in 2004?