View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Guppy:
I am confussed about something. Why in the world do I keep seeing posts about people wanting more power and to go faster with the H3 or any Hummer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you on that. So many people (including car reviewers) are completely obsessed with the idea of speed (not necessarily power, but 0 to 60 speed). Speed seems at times to be the sole criteria by which any vehicle is judged.

There are many cars (and the people that love them) that are indeed made for going fast...and that's great. But true off-road vehicles are not intended to speed down the highway at 95 mph.

I think most people who are interested with Hummers and are obsessed with highway speed (or lack thereof) are enticed solely by the H3's styling and aesthetics. If that is the case, then you are always going to be disappointed since speed just isn't what a Hummer is made for.