View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:

As to consumer control of the market, gas is not something that most people can choose an alternative for. I can't charge whatever the hell I want for my house and expect to sell it, Oil can sell for just about any price they want and people have NO CHOICE but to buy it. We are as dependant on big oil as we are on water, and the sources for that oil are so few that capitalism DOES NOT impact big oil. People can conserve a bit, but folks still need it to simply live their lives on a daily basis. Big oil knows this and stuck it to the American economy when it could least absorb the hit...that sir is disgusting. Do I favor the Gov interjecting itself? No, but when you have something so essential to our economy so out of control, then it is time to step in and stop the screw job that was/is going on.

S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we are going to bash exxon/mobil or any oil company for charging "what they want" could we please throw in the 2 biggest monopolizing industries into the mix.

Cable and GAS.

Oil has alternatives. Cable and Gas do not. If I HAVE to heat my home with gas I can only buy it from one sourse. If I want High speed internet I have on choice. If I need to fill up my car with Gasoline, I have many choices.