View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 04:23 PM

h2turbo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2GuyPerson:
What are the advantages for this system other then cooler running turbo inlet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

H2GuyPerson,

Here's what I see as the benefits of going with a remote mount setup on the H2.

1. Efficient performance in the usable RPM range - Turbos are more efficient than superchargers are building horsepower/torque. On the H2 it totally wakes it up and makes it a blast to drive around town. On the freeway you'll gain 2-4 mpg which is very difficult to do with a supercharger.

2. Emissions legal - a custom turbo setup would be very difficult to get CARB certification. We've recieved our test memo and have a testing date with the CARB lab this month. I expect a CARB EO number within the next couple months. We expected this a year ago, but had contracted with a company that didn't deliver. We now have a direct contact with CARB and feel a lot more confident in our understanding of the CARB Exemption order process and our ability to get the EO#.

3. The sound of the vehicle is awesome. I know I'm biased, but the whine of the supercharger always there is not my favorite thing. I love the V8 rumble, turbo spool and blow off sound on our vehicles.

4. The power is there when you want it. Idling and putting around town you would hardly know that the turbo is there. When you want the power at a stop light, on ramp or passing you've got full boost by 3000 rpms in first gear. It is like having a bottle of nitrous on demand.

5. It is easy to do maintenance on your vehicle. There is more room in the engine bay after the system is installed than before. Changing spark plugs, etc is still easy to do and won't cost you in extra time at the mechanic.

That is why I would buy the system. After driving around my 6.0L truck for a year now, I can't imagine driving without it. I love my commute and anytime I can get in the truck. It just makes driving fun.

Hope that helps...

Ben